Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien: Isolation

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

A survival horror game set fifteen years after the original Alien film. It stars Amanda Ripley, the daughter of the film's protagonist, Ellen Ripley.

so played this at EGX today..

paulithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By paulithon

and it is so sso fucking good.

If the goal was to freak me out then congrats SEGA. the graphics for awesome and some really amazing use od DOF.

anyway just thought Ied let you all know as this board is a lil quiet with this game out in about 10 days

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

If the goal was to freak me out then congrats SEGA. the graphics for awesome and some really amazing use od DOF.

anyway just thought Ied let you all know as this board is a lil quiet with this game out in about 10 days

Wait, what? The game is out that soon? I had no idea!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of upcoming releases have been quiet, to be fair.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm skeptical of this game and I'm skeptical of you, sir.

No but seriously apparently the game becomes dull with time and that's what I'm afraid of. I'd like to simply wait for reviews but I want to pre order to get that nostromo DLC :/

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee
    @hailinel said:

@paulithon said:

Wait, what? The game is out that soon? I had no idea!

Yup. And the Evil Within comes out only a week after. Video games!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's probably quiet because of the Colonial Marines disaster. People are skeptical- rightly so.

I have this on my steam wish list, though. I am looking forward to it if it is good.

I have to wait for reviews, though.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was talking to the internal QA guy after I was done with the game today and he was talking about how the alien doesnt have any script on what he does in that near the start it could choose a few variables but after that it tends to move around on its own. That lack of predictability hopefully with a combo of a dark room and headphones (or oculus) could make this a really really great game

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@optix12: Yeah, they've talked a pretty big game about how supposedly adaptable and dynamic the xenomorph AI is. On one hand this could be a huge feat for enemy AI in video games, but on the other it could mean the alien may tend to get confused a lot and erupt into a lot of janky weirdness, completely ruining your immersion.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm I'll wait for a price drop.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

<-- I'm really excited for it. Thing is though, while I'm excited for a lot of horror games, in large part due to its horror aspect, Alien for me isn't great because of its horror, or I should say that's not what makes me a fan of it, I'm more into it because of the sci-fi honestly. The horror is an interesting aspect of it, but not the draw for me. I really just want to get in there and explore the Sevastopol, and then get to know the characters and story. If it's scary, then that's cool too.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

@paulithon: What platform did you play it on? What makes it good besides the graphics?

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wampa1

@ntm: I just want to wander around a 70's sci-fi station with all its big grey computers and green neon readouts, love the origibal alien aesthetic dont know if i love hiding from an alien and droids for 12 hours.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I already got this pre-ordered. Even if it somehow ends up not being great, I will probably love it. Everything I seen of it looks amazing.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NTM

@wampa1:

That's what I love too, and that's why I want to play it, alongside the story and characters, as I've already mentioned. While the idea of being chased the majority of the game is fine to me, I just hope it doesn't interfere with the exploration, because then I'll have to be focusing on the exploring, as well as what could potentially kill me. I don't know, I'm sure that'll be the case, and in the end I'll be fine with it most likely, but like I said, Isolation I am not really excited for because I want to be scared, as opposed to something like Outlast or P.T. where that's where the draw lies for me, and even the soon to come Evil Within, as that seems to interestingly juggle multiple styles of horror. I also want to say, though it doesn't really pertain to this, I'm not a horror fan in general; they just don't interest me that much, unless it's games.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I am so freakin pumped for this game. I know their are people that are iffy on it because of colonial marines and rightfully so. However, every bit of information about this game has been shown confidently and seemed to have a smooth development process. It may not be an amazing game (but I hope it is) but it will surely not me of the shit quality they colonial Mariners was

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Good to hear. Not my kind of game but I'm glad people are getting the Alien game they actually wanted in the first place.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i got a free copy so im pretty much guaranteed to be happy!

or be a pussy and never play it. whatevs.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@yummylee said:

@optix12: Yeah, they've talked a pretty big game about how supposedly adaptable and dynamic the xenomorph AI is. On one hand this could be a huge feat for enemy AI in video games, but on the other it could mean the alien may tend to get confused a lot and erupt into a lot of janky weirdness, completely ruining your immersion.

Like this?

Loading Video...
    Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Eurogamer put up a nice long dev talk for it, as someone with a deep love of late 70's early 80's sci-fi it's great to see it represented in a game.

paulithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I played xbox one. It ran really well (alot better then the unity demo lol which was gorgeous but ROUGH in the glitch dept)

I was stung by colonial marines but the is a totally different kettle of fish. The movement and feel of the controks was excellent.i know it sounds weird but you felt vunerable. Everytime I came thriugh a door I could here the footsteps and before I knew it I was panicing and visably sweating trying to run away from something I hadnt even seen but by that time it was already to late.

Im a fan of many horror games but none of them scare me recently but this game from what I have seen is not about monster closets or simulating grotesque too juch but in that you are beung stalked by a non scripted ai that is faster and stronger and is hunting you.

Obviously the game could cime out and story be a pile of crap but graphically, mechanically and the feeling are right on the ball

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By mike

@paulithon: Thanks dude, that sounds great! Been itching for a decent Aliens game for years now...I think the last good one I played (maybe the only good one) was Aliens: Infestation on DS.

EwanSuttie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By EwanSuttie

Cool, sounds good. What are people's thoughts on re-watching the first movie beforehand? I have the series on Blu-ray and I am torn with what to do. Watching them could get me more hyped for this but I also kinda want to just let this stand on its own. Its the first game of its type from Creative Assembly so I don't want to have super high expectations or to be constantly comparing it to the movie, which I don't think is terribly fair.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ewansuttie: It's my understanding that the game has a ton of little nods to the movie so watching it would help pick those up, which could be fun. As for comparing them, I don't know what to tell you, just don't? The atmosphere and base concept are the same but otherwise I think it should be pretty easy to appreciate each on their own merits. You seem to have this mindset some already so you're probably good.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Eidderf

I kind of didn't like EGX demo I played to be honest, though I'm not sure if it was because of the circumstances or the demo itself, the way they set it up to almost be a time trial and that the time to beat to get through the stage they presented you with kind of spoiled the atmosphere to be honest. I was going in to the demo expecting something like amnesia or at least a horror feel but the way they demonstrated it made it just feel like a very unforgiving stealth game.

Honestly a lot of the problems could have come from the 10 minute time limit and just being thrown in there, but it seemed that the alien was almost too reactive in a way, I had sneaked into dark corners away from it's line of sight but somehow it knew exactly where I was on the map and killed me before I could even react. The thing that made amnesia scary was the back and forth, you were defenseless and this thing could rip you apart at any moment but despite feeling constantly vulnerable you knew that even in the worst possible circumstances there was a small chance you could get away. Basically I don't want to play a game where I just find myself dying over and over again, it takes me out of the experience. I know I wasn't alone in this reasoning since my friend had a similar experience with it all, I'd like to try the demo again in a more calm, less limited situation (or just play the campaign instead of this challenge mode thing which this seemed to be) because despite the graphics and the sound being great I wasn't really enjoying what I played.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The last Alien(s) game I played was Infestation. And it was pretty good, so i'm game for another. Dont blame Sega for decieving it's audience, blame 'smoke and mirrors' Randy Pitchford. (he seems like a cool dude but he doesnt care about lying his arse off to get sales)

I can only play so many games in October though and The Evil Within is higher on my list. I'll probably play this in November though.

Or maby December...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.