Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien: Isolation

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

A survival horror game set fifteen years after the original Alien film. It stars Amanda Ripley, the daughter of the film's protagonist, Ellen Ripley.

So... This game has a bug when buying it online.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm pretty sure it is a bug, or just really, really slow downloading to a level that's not acceptable, as I know it can't be my internet. I bought the game on PlayStation store on PS4, and once you arrive on the deck at the beginning of the game, your objective is to pick up your briefing, but when you try to, it says "Required content is not yet available." and then below it in smaller text "Please wait..." Usually, this is what happens when the game is still installing, but the game has fully downloaded campaign wise, though when I go select over Survival Mode, it says it's still downloading there, except it isn't, as it permanently sticks to 31.0%... This really sucks as I want to move on. I read that this has happened to others as well, for those that bought it on Xbox One too. I read this, and it seems others got it to work for them, as if it is just downloading, but the campaign doesn't have any percentage of it downloading for me. So far I'm liking it just ten minutes in, but I just want to move on. Anyone else have this problem?

http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/support/playstation-only-issues/ps4-issues/19330-briefing-document-required-content-is-not-available

Then again, it seems some are having the same problem... Guh.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, never mind. It was just the install. I don't know how long it took as I turned the system off (on stand by) and left for a while, came back just now, picked up the briefing and am now on the Sevastopol. Great.

TrophyMunchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrophyMunchers

@ntm: Hello there, I have just ran into this problem and was wondering, as you've fixed it, do I just wait for the survival mode to finish downloading? It's currently on 27%, quite annoyed as was really looking forward to this, any help would be appreciated :)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trophymunchers: Yep, you unfortunately have to just wait it out. Turn your console off on standby (I don't know for how long, as I left the house and did other things for a few hours), and then come back later to play. That is unfortunate, but at least it's worth playing after, at least I'm thinking so.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trophymunchers: Hey, if you did what I suggested already (with or without reading my most recent comments), then you should already be playing again.

MateoSanDiego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a solution to this problem... and I should know since I have suffered with trying out various ways around it for the past 16 hours.

Do not listen to the people on the SEGA forum about closing out of the game entirely and simply allowing it to load from the PS Home screen. It takes about twice as long.

Instead, simply go to the game's title screen, press play, but do not start the actual game... just let it stay on the screen that asks if you want to play Alien Isolation or Survival Mode. It will download much faster.

Waiting for it to load while in the game seems to be rather slow as well.

slay7930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to see the progress of the download simply go to the home screen, then select Alien: Isolation (but you should not have closed the application) and press "Options" on the dualshock.Click "Information" and you will see how much you have downloaded so far. At least you'll know the download is not stuck at all.

I'm currently at 8GB out of 21GB.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.