Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien: Isolation

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

A survival horror game set fifteen years after the original Alien film. It stars Amanda Ripley, the daughter of the film's protagonist, Ellen Ripley.

Took me 5 months, but I finally beat it.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kaos_cracker

I'm proud to say that I finally beat this damn game. I really enjoy horror games, but this one can really stress me out at times, especially how it rather punched up the difficulty toward the end. The game was surprisingly well made, but having your objectives constantly pushed back because of some other bullshit became super annoying at times. With that stated, this is one of the best horror games I have played since Amnesia The Dark Descent.

I also had no problems with the saving system. There was practically always a save station a few rooms ahead or after an encounter so that became no problem, and once I found out how effective the flamethrower was against the alien, it became pretty easy.

Did you guys enjoy this game as much as I did? Or did people just fall on the side were the game wasn't fun?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Which game?

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I assume this thread was suppose to be about Alien Isolation? I seem to be in General Discussion though...

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

@aegon said:

Which game?

I would assume Alien: Isolation.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

General Discussion certainly is a fantastic horror game.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I accidentally didn't save the topic, but its under Alien Isolation now.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DrZing

I made it up to midway through the level where you are walking through water (being vague to avoid spoilers) before I kinda petered out. I think my save has only 50 flamethrower ammo left which is a huge problem in that area. Love the game but it is extremely stressful, more than probably any other game I can think of. And then there's the DLC... oh man, I thought the main game was rough, but the challenge maps are insane. Good job though! I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drzing: You're actually almost done. That was by far the hardest part for me, but once that part is done it gets a lot easier.

jsgr93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By jsgr93

As someone that loves the first Alien film, I was able to be extremely patient with the game (flaws and all). Though it clearly did drag on a bit by having things constantly go wrong. I was ready to call it quits when I saw the Xenomorph's reflection on Amanda's astronaut helmet toward the end. I sighed, but carried on and finished it. Looking back, it was a great game.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@drzing: That part is almost 100% scripted so it's not as bad as it seems.

Alien was great though I beat it in like 5 days instead of 5 months. On Hard you basically can never ever sprint which is interesting I suppose, makes the early part of the game really annoying.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Great Job, I've been playing it save point to save point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.