Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien: Isolation

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

A survival horror game set fifteen years after the original Alien film. It stars Amanda Ripley, the daughter of the film's protagonist, Ellen Ripley.

Xbox one version, framerate and controller input problems?

Forkstik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Forkstik

Hey duders,

Been playing a fair amount of AI and i have noticed a lot of framerate problems with the xbox one version as well as controller input problems. The framerate drops numerous times, as eurogamer have already proven, but my biggest concern is how slow the game is at reacting to controller input specifically when you look around with the right stick. If i want to look at an object or just move around, their is a slight delay from when i move the right stick of the xbox one controller to the desired action happening on screen. If anyone remembers the first two Killzone games, it had a similar slow input feel but that was more of a design choice and AI feels more like a bug that needs fixing. Possibly due to the erratic fps drops? Has anyone else experienced the controller input lag? And am i wrong for thinking its a bug/problem, or is it a design choice from the developers?

Thx!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

That sucks to hear. I'm playing the PS4 version and it all runs and plays perfectly fine over here, beyond cutscenes that is where the framerate tends to tank.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@yummylee: I find it weird that framerate drops happen during cutscenes. I picked this up on PC and because of the higher resolution in game I can easily tell that all the cutscenes so far are all prerendered. Sucks to hear that the xbox one version isn't up to par, input lag is the worst besides inconsistent framerate which was one of the main reasons I stopped playing Last of Us on PS3

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I haven't had issues with controller lag, but I've definitely noticed plenty of dips in the framerate.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been playing a little of the Xbox One version myself, and so far, I haven't experienced any issues with input lag - the framerate does seem a little dodgy though mostly in cutscenes were it so far have been going from choppy to horrendous on occasion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.