Any chance of an Alien Swarm quick look?

#1 Posted by gexecuter (196 posts) -

This game sounds pretty good so i was wondering if there was any chance of the guys doing a quick look of the game.

#2 Posted by PotentChr0nic (14 posts) -

Yea, at least a quick look if not a video review.

#3 Posted by francesthemule (155 posts) -

Seems likely, hopefully a Dave Snider quicklook

#4 Posted by chilibean_3 (1655 posts) -

I thought there was one.  But then I searched for it and realized it was for Alien Breed: Impact.  Close enough?

#5 Posted by Forcen (1833 posts) -

I support a quicklook, and this is way more fun then alien breed. More focus on mutliplayer, classes and coop.

#6 Posted by Insectecutor (1197 posts) -

The game is free, why do you need a quicklook?

#7 Posted by gexecuter (196 posts) -
@Insectecutor said:
" The game is free, why do you need a quicklook? "
Because quick looks are awesome and you can't ever have too much of them, also this isn't just another free game, it's a free game from Valve that could have been sold instead of being made free.
#8 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@gexecuter said:
" @Insectecutor said:
" The game is free, why do you need a quicklook? "
Because quick looks are awesome and you can't ever have too much of them, also this isn't just another free game, it's a free game from Valve that could have been sold instead of being made free. "
Lol you still haven't answered as to why there needs to be a quick look on a FREE GAME! And in other news, I haven't heard of Alien Breed: Impact until now but it looks exactly like Alien Swarm, just a SP version of it.
#9 Posted by Insectecutor (1197 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" @gexecuter said:
" @Insectecutor said:
" The game is free, why do you need a quicklook? "
Because quick looks are awesome and you can't ever have too much of them, also this isn't just another free game, it's a free game from Valve that could have been sold instead of being made free. "
Lol you still haven't answered as to why there needs to be a quick look on a FREE GAME! And in other news, I haven't heard of Alien Breed: Impact until now but it looks exactly like Alien Swarm, just a SP version of it. "
He may have a point though. They do quicklooks of demos and they're free.
 
Alien Swarm seems like a mix of Syndicate and Alien Breed to me. Pretty cool.
#10 Posted by Forcen (1833 posts) -
@Insectecutor:
@ISuperGamerI:
You just answered your own question, its because its free that it needs a quick look.
Quick looks are great to bring attention to games people maybe haven't heard of. Giantbomb hasn't written any news on this game yet, so i bet there is a lot of people on this site that have missed all the forum threads about this game. Some people never visit the forums.
Also, some people may dismiss games just because they are free. A quick look could show that Alien Breed is worth way more then its price. 
 
Awesome free games have the biggest need to have a quick look, because the people that get interested can just start playing.
#11 Posted by Russcat (140 posts) -
@chilibean_3 said:
" I thought there was one.  But then I searched for it and realized it was for Alien Breed: Impact.  Close enough? "
It definitely sucks to be Team17 right now. Spend time and money developing a game for steam only for Valve to put out an arguably better looking version of basically the same game for free.
#12 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -
@Russcat said:
" @chilibean_3 said:
" I thought there was one.  But then I searched for it and realized it was for Alien Breed: Impact.  Close enough? "
It definitely sucks to be Team17 right now. Spend time and money developing a game for steam only for Valve to put out an arguably better looking version of basically the same game for free. "
It also sucks to be the guy that bought Alien Breed only for Valve to release an arguable better version for free. :P
#13 Posted by Seraphim2150 (325 posts) -

I also want to hear the stream of Aliens quotes from the team as they play it

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -
@Insectecutor said:
" The game is free, why do you need a quicklook? "
#15 Posted by Forcen (1833 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @Insectecutor said:
" The game is free, why do you need a quicklook? "
"
@Forcen said:
" @Insectecutor:
@ISuperGamerI: You just answered your own question, its because its free that it needs a quick look.Quick looks are great to bring attention to games people maybe haven't heard of. Giantbomb hasn't written any news on this game yet, so i bet there is a lot of people on this site that have missed all the forum threads about this game. Some people never visit the forums.Also, some people may dismiss games just because they are free. A quick look could show that Alien Breed is worth way more then its price.   Awesome free games have the biggest need to have a quick look, because the people that get interested can just start playing. "
How does the fact that the game is free exclude it from having a quicklook?
#16 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -
@Forcen said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @Insectecutor said:
" The game is free, why do you need a quicklook? "
"
@Forcen said:
" @Insectecutor:
@ISuperGamerI: You just answered your own question, its because its free that it needs a quick look.Quick looks are great to bring attention to games people maybe haven't heard of. Giantbomb hasn't written any news on this game yet, so i bet there is a lot of people on this site that have missed all the forum threads about this game. Some people never visit the forums.Also, some people may dismiss games just because they are free. A quick look could show that Alien Breed is worth way more then its price.   Awesome free games have the biggest need to have a quick look, because the people that get interested can just start playing. "
How does the fact that the game is free exclude it from having a quicklook? "
A Quick Look is to inform the viewers of the game being Quick Looked.
 
Alien Swarm is free, so you can go play it yourself and see what it's like.
#17 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (668 posts) -
@Seraphim2150 said:
"I also want to hear the stream of Aliens quotes from the team as they play it "
 
I'm definitely guilty of this. I mean, one of the missions objectives is basically:  
 
"Take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
#18 Posted by Etan (35 posts) -

On twitter Dave said that Vinny wants to do one, so hopefully the will. They need a quick look for a PC game anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.