Awww… no Mac version?

#1 Posted by RuinRunner (49 posts) -

I honestly don't understand why Valve would fail to release a Mac version of this.  They just rolled out the Mac version of their Steam client and are no doubt eager to support and promote it.  This is a new, free first-party game based on Source.  Why leave us out in the cold on this one?  Has anybody heard that a Mac version is forthcoming?  I have to say that while I was anxious to download the Mac Steam client as soon as it was released, I still haven't seen anything on there that I really want to try out.

#2 Edited by Tabarnaco (134 posts) -

...Do you realize the amount of work a Mac port would require?
Macs suck for games anyway.

Why do people whine about that shit, they shouldn't have released a Mac version of Steam in the first place, now all the Mac users expect game ports, like it's an easy thing to do.

#3 Posted by Forcen (1823 posts) -

I bet there will be a mac version sooner or later. The game uses the version of the source engine used in Portal 2, and that game is getting a mac release.

#4 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

They will because it's the Source engine.

#5 Posted by AsianSwagger (151 posts) -

I was a bit disappointed as well :( 

#6 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

That is kinda odd, Alien Swarm is basically a showboat for what steam can do.

#7 Posted by Finscher (146 posts) -
@Tabarnaco: Using that logic, we could also say that PC gamers shouldn't expect Episode 3 because it isn't easy to do. Stop giving Gabe ammunition! The fat joke thing is bad enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.