Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien Swarm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 19, 2010

A freeware top-down co-operative shooter where a squad of marines must investigate and prevent the spread of a rampant alien infestation. It was originally a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004 before its team, hired by Valve for other projects, completed it as a side-project.

Awww… no Mac version?

RuinRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RuinRunner

I honestly don't understand why Valve would fail to release a Mac version of this.  They just rolled out the Mac version of their Steam client and are no doubt eager to support and promote it.  This is a new, free first-party game based on Source.  Why leave us out in the cold on this one?  Has anybody heard that a Mac version is forthcoming?  I have to say that while I was anxious to download the Mac Steam client as soon as it was released, I still haven't seen anything on there that I really want to try out.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By Forcen

I bet there will be a mac version sooner or later. The game uses the version of the source engine used in Portal 2, and that game is getting a mac release.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

They will because it's the Source engine.

AsianSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AsianSwagger

I was a bit disappointed as well :( 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

That is kinda odd, Alien Swarm is basically a showboat for what steam can do.

Finscher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Finscher
    @Tabarnaco: Using that logic, we could also say that PC gamers shouldn't expect Episode 3 because it isn't easy to do. Stop giving Gabe ammunition! The fat joke thing is bad enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.