Custom Combat Music

#1 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

So to make this amazing game even better, I noticed you can add your own custom combat music. 

From in game main menu, go to options and hit audio. All the way at the bottom is the option for custom combat music. From there click the add button to browse your way to your music library. 

Imagine the last sequence when you're running your ass off, to the Super Metroid escape theme....

So yeah I recommend you go check it out. 

EDIT: "Life is Beautiful" from Deadly Premonition fame fits hilariously well too! 

#2 Posted by ThePwnee (234 posts) -

That's pretty cool, but how do you use it? I added a couple songs but it doesn't seem to do anything.

#3 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -
@ThePwnee:   It'll play during the stand off sequences. 

With multiple songs, I think it cycles through the list, maybe random. Not quite sure yet.
#4 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

I think its only during certain parts. Like whenever the music changes. The first one that comes to mind would be the slo mo fight on the elevator.  

This is only a guess though.

#5 Posted by BlastProcessing (917 posts) -

I think it's a really cool idea. Killing aliens to "Titus Adronicus Forever" by Titus Adronicus, and running at the end to "March Of The Pigs" by Nine Inch Nails made the experience ever better.

#6 Posted by ThePwnee (234 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" @ThePwnee:   It'll play during the stand off sequences.  With multiple songs, I think it cycles through the list, maybe random. Not quite sure yet. "
Hmm, I played through most of the game and didn't hear anything. Maybe i need to put less songs...
#7 Edited by Kojdog (74 posts) -

I followed another poster's advice and used Deadly Premonition's 'Life is Beautiful' song.  It's fucking epic.  Just google that if you don't know what I'm talking about. 

EDIT: I should have read your edit.
#8 Posted by Mitch0712 (472 posts) -

Amon Amarth helps greatly

#9 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I recommend Blotted Science. Instrumental-only songs are best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.