My computer can't run this game

#1 Edited by Biohazard237 (29 posts) -

Guess it's time to get a new one or upgrade at least.  I'm pretty sad about that though.
#2 Edited by gosukiller (2324 posts) -
@Biohazard237: Prepare for the "COOL STORY BRO!"'s
I was actually quite suprised how demanding this game is. I got everything on Max at 1920x1200 and it runs great on my monsterous gaming PC. But my more modest work PC chops up even at low.

What's your specs?
#3 Posted by qwerty000106 (23 posts) -

i get game Lag once i get to the monsters in the offline mode. the game area is bright - not dark. and the menus are low quality. 
i just need a better graphics card

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

this game is demanding ?

#5 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" this game is demanding ? "

Yep. 

My Laptop can't run it on the lowest of low. (Well technically it can, but you know.)
#6 Posted by Rehehelly (414 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" this game is demanding ? "
I thought i'd have no problem cos I can play source games with no problem but I had to lower all the settings cos it just raped my FPS during the explosions etc.

Laptops suck.
#7 Posted by Mikemcn (6996 posts) -

Bummer dude.

#8 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

What are your computer's specs?

#9 Edited by offeringofpie (15 posts) -
@Biohazard237:  Have you tried the FPS pack released in the steam forums? It's basically an autoexec.cfg file you put in the alien swarm folder and it reduces the games graphics quality significantly.

Also if you're using Vista, you can run the game with "disable desktop composition" (or something similar, in the shortcut properties).
#10 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

cant run the 2004 SOURCE engine?? time to upgrade

#11 Edited by Forcen (1832 posts) -
@gamb1t: Its the brand new source engine, the same as portal 2 uses or used when they finished Alien Swarm at least.

Edit: Portal 2, not the first one ._.
#12 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

That sucks. I had to turn down the resolution and graphics settings but fortunately I managed to get it running fine myself.

#13 Posted by DarkShaper (1341 posts) -

I'm in the same boat. Good thing I'm getting a new computer on the 5th.

#14 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

My $600 laptop runs it great!

#15 Posted by Eight (50 posts) -

Game isn't that good. Left 4 Aliens.  
Valve is so original.  

Did I mention there are head crabs in the game too?

#16 Posted by offeringofpie (15 posts) -
@Eight:  It's supposed to be showcase of the Source engine's capabilities. the code was released so modders can make new games out of it.

I don't think it was supposed to be very original.
#17 Posted by Jrad (624 posts) -
@Eight: ...there are so many things wrong with this. 

AS is an updated version of a UT2004 mod which was released before L4D even came out (hell, it might've been released before L4D was announced, I can't be bothered to check). The team who made it is the same team behind the original -- Valve hired them a la Portal & dudes what made Narbacular Drop.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.