This game is really really good

#1 Posted by slyspider (1153 posts) -

This is why i love valve. I have been waiting for this for a while and when i heard the dervs got picked up i guessed it would never come out. NEVER EVER would i think it would be free! OMG!!! GB needs a steam alien swarm group

#2 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

It's an alright game. Especially for the price!

#3 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

I still can't play it. Crashes on my desktop 

#4 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

I would say that Ive gotten a ton of value out of it, im 6 hours in and still haven't unlocked everything. The gameplay is solid enough for it to be sold I think. 

#5 Posted by RivaOni (24 posts) -

I really quite like it. Its probably the entire point, I've not read up on it, just saw "Free" and clicked "Install" :D, but it reminds me of Aliens and not just because of the motion sensor.

Only played in single player so far though, but really glad I've downloaded it!

#6 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

I'm having trouble getting into any games in Alien Swarm. It should have a quick game option or something like that.

#7 Posted by Spoonman671 (4558 posts) -

My PC can barely run the damn thing.  I have to set it to all the lowest settings, including resolution and even then I'm under 30fps.  I really need a new GPU.

#8 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

It's okay, but personally I don't think the content justifies the price tag.

#9 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

Lol , seriously, its not that good. Its like a bad left 4 dead but for the price its amazing.

#10 Posted by Dpower94 (233 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" It's okay, but personally I don't think the content justifies the price tag. "
I wish Jeff would stop posting under these alternate usernames. 
But anyway, I think the game is amazing, the unlock system is terrific, and the class gameplay is deep enough for a full release. 
#11 Posted by TheHT (10880 posts) -

it really is surprisingly fun.

#12 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I wouldn't say it's really, really good but it's a good game, especially considering it's free.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.