Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien Swarm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 19, 2010

A freeware top-down co-operative shooter where a squad of marines must investigate and prevent the spread of a rampant alien infestation. It was originally a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004 before its team, hired by Valve for other projects, completed it as a side-project.

What Add On content do you want?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

Im really hoping that someone will add in a level based on the outpost defense scene in Starship Troopers.  (The following is the best image I could find of that scene, God damn copyright laws.)

No Caption Provided

Any other ideas for mod content for Alien Swarm?
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By s7evn

I suppose a giant space ship being invaded by an alien force. I would love to see a recreation of Dead Space though :P.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'd like to see copyright infringement on just about every damn sci-fi IP out there. Come on modders, I know you're up to the task.

Paulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Paulus

I wanna see them bring over the two campaigns from the ut2k4 mod. 
    As much as the new elevator scene is a nice throwback, the old one was cooler.

thatguy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By thatguy42

I suppose it is a bit cliched, but a level where you control the alien swarm and have to attack 4 humans

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

Me and my friends discussed this whilst getting annoyed on insane.

Fuck you parasites, just fuck you.

However, I'd like to see a tower, level 1, weak bad guys, level 2, increase the number....level 10, those shield things, and so on.
    And the obvious survival mode, but with proper ammo drops and stuff, or crates to deploy ammo, I'm verging on downloading the SDK, but I've never used one before ¬¬. I've so many ideas though =(

Maybe even a top down left 4 dead.

Sacerdos87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sacerdos87

I liked the idea of there being different colonies. Maybe we can get different types of colonies, like for example with a mining colony you would have hazards where rocks fall or used to your advantage to block routes from the aliens. Another colony where It's like a city district so you are on rooftops and offices and have to walk across bridges made from wooden boards that are weak, Some new alien types wouldn't hurt either, maybe one that acts similar to the spitter in L4D2 or traps you in place. Infested Humans would be cool maybe the Aliens adapt to the point where they can turn Human soldiers against the IAF marines so not only do they fend off the aliens but now possessed defense forces. Lots of Cliches I know but they aren't in the game at the moment, would be cool to see.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @Ineedaname said:

I'm verging on downloading the SDK, but I've never used one before ¬¬. I've so many ideas though =( Maybe even a top down left 4 dead. "

Go for it dude. There are plenty of source tutorials out there. Even though this SDK is a separate entity from the original Source SDK, I would imaging there are a lot of similarities between the two. 

Definitely dug the L4D pop up help box sound making its way into the game.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a vs mode eventually, but then I would imagine it would just turn into L4D and be filled with a bunch of bossy douchebags that don't shut the hell up.  

Maybe one way to make it work is instead of individually controlling an alien, you would control a swarm of aliens (get it?) all RTS style. Fog of war and everything, while the marines still control as they should.

@Sacerdos87

said:

" Infested Humans would be cool maybe the Aliens adapt to the point where they can turn Human soldiers against the IAF marines so not only do they fend off the aliens but now possessed defense forces. 

I was thinking maybe after you die, the aliens would infest your dead corpse and make you this playable infected Terran type thing. Vs mode only of course.

If we dream it, it will come!
    Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9  Edited By Seraphim2150

Re enactment of Aliens would be really good

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Ghost249

I want a Starcraft 2 Marine Model, Terran Marines and replace the swarm with Zergs, that or just player-models I don't care XD

Kojdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kojdog

Something that better captures the feel of Space Hulk w/out breaking copyright.  It's so friggin' close.  It's just missing some fo that plodding, deliberate, and strategic feel.  No idea how to achieve that so I'm not being very constructive.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Seedofpower

Just more campaigns that are free. Just keep the free content coming.

lol

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bicycleham

Starcraft.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#14  Edited By StarvingGamer

New campaign featuring some natural environs, maybe rocky planet + outpost defense + swarm tunnel network (a la starship troopers) and maybe a talent/perk system to give us some character customization that would probably end up breaking the balance.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zityz

An Aliens mod, where you fight a Queen at the end.  
    Also , someone is working on a 40k mod. Where your Blood Ravens, and the Aliens are Tyranids. So I'm looking forward to that.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @Seedofpower said:
    " Just more campaigns that are free. Just keep the free content coming.  lol "
    A quick google search and you can find some custom content out already. Pretty simple stuff so far as it's mostly survival mode maps along with a short campaign. I'd say give it 1-2 months and we will start seeing some cool ass stuff.
    offeringofpie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By offeringofpie

I'd like some X-com turn based mission functionality, or something like that.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I'm hoping for some L4D game modes, such as more than one team trying to complete a map at the same time.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#19  Edited By donutfever

More customization. Perks that will effect things like health, speed, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.