Aliens Colonial Marines

#1 Posted by PhilipDuck (567 posts) -

Has it been said anywhere what the deal is with the place being nuked at the end of Aliens? Because if this is 2 weeks after the events from 2 then i'm still confused at how they are happily walking around there and everythings untouched... Did the nuke not get launched? Curious if any of you have heard.

#2 Posted by Jwkokosmakroon (158 posts) -

The atmospheric generator exploded, they didn't nuke the colony as such.

Still, I share your concerns :p

#3 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Space Magic

#4 Posted by PenguinDust (12600 posts) -

Everyone hid in the refrigerator.

#5 Posted by FilipHolm (669 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

Everyone hid in the refrigerator.

Holy shit I just fell off my chair laughing. Way to nail that reference dude.

#6 Posted by WonderboyCoz (153 posts) -

well, this game is set something like 16 weeks after Alien 3 I believe.As for the thing being basically nuked... its a video game?

#7 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Yeah, didn't Bishop mention that the blast was equivalent to 40 megatons.

I'd imagine there would be nothing left of that place.

#8 Posted by EuanDewar (5092 posts) -
@GetEveryone

"In 17 minutes this place is gonna be a cloud of vapour the size of Nebraska."

#9 Posted by PhilipDuck (567 posts) -

Yeah, so as the developers keep saying we are keeping this game in line with the events of Aliens etc.. i'm amazed nobody has questioned them on this yet.. I want to hear their explanation haha

#10 Posted by obcdexter (636 posts) -

It (most likely, if Hicks wasn't bonkers) took the rescue team 17 days to get to the planet, so, that's maybe more than enough time for the area to "cool down". What I'm more concerned with is ... wouldn't it be a huge problem for the marines to survive on that planet with the damn atmospheric generator gone? Or maybe they already blew more than enough shit into the air to keep the atmosphere stable on its own for a long time - I'm sure that will be referenced in some way. As far as the supposedly humongous explosion is concerned: Guess it'll be revealed it wasn't as devastating as expected (the prognosis did come from an android, though, guess Bishop leaned more towards literature than mathematics :P)

#11 Posted by SeanFoster (882 posts) -

I could've sworn I saw some footage of gameplay near the derelict alien space craft (where the eggs are). I don't believe that's very near Hadley's Hope, otherwise they wouldn't have had to wait decades for Burke to send them coordinates. Maybe the LV-426 parts of the game take place at some smaller facility the colonists setup before venturing into the derelict. That's all I got.

#12 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@GetEveryone

"In 17 minutes this place is gonna be a cloud of vapour the size of Nebraska."

Indee'.

I'm interested in playing the game, merely for the fact that it gives me a chance to fire pulse rifles at xenomorphs, but I'd take the whole canon aspect with a pinch of salt.

#13 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@PhilipDuck:

The alien craft could have protected the colony during the blast. It was a warship, and the aliens were one of the weapons (colonization weapon) It would have been heavily shielded.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.