And Now Aliens: Colonial Marines Won't Be Coming Out This Year, Either

• 109 results
#51 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3865 posts) -

BOO! Feb is getting crowded, my wallet is starting to worry. Also that picture caption is great.

#52 Posted by Revan_NL (340 posts) -

With all these delays, I really start to believe that GTA5 is going to launch this holiday season

#53 Posted by Shtinky (618 posts) -

Aw, was looking forward to playing this on Wii U, could care less about other platforms.

#54 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

Man, it going to be a slim release of triple A games.

#55 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

That's okay. I'm going to be busy with Diablo III for awhile.

#56 Posted by NTM (7374 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@fargofallout

This was going to be a big game? I suppose it is Gearbox, but it's an Aliens game. How much do those ever matter?

A lot of people like alien. Like a lot of people (including me)

Yeah, exactly. Say what you will about games off film, or even just the past Alien games that didn't do extremely well, but this looks promising (for me at least). And like Prometheus coming out, I'm also very excited for this.

#57 Posted by jmood88 (394 posts) -
@DoctorSage

My bet is on GTA V getting pushed back next. We just haven't seen enough of that game to make me think otherwise.

When has Rockstar ever shown extensive footage of their game prior to release? They've made highlight videos of features for Red Dead/Max Paybe a month to a month and half before release but that's it.
#58 Posted by jmood88 (394 posts) -
@ObsideonDarman

I can honestly see Assassin's Creed III being pushed back to next year.

You must not have paid attention to the series or how Ubisoft releases games.
#59 Posted by NTM (7374 posts) -

@fargofallout said:

This was going to be a big game? I suppose it is Gearbox, but it's an Aliens game. How much do those ever matter?

@sp1k3_b0i said:

@fargofallout I was thinking the exact same thing

Ketchupp said to fargofallout and sp1k3_b0i:

Fuck you!

#60 Posted by Psychohead (142 posts) -

Oh, darn. Now I'll have to go into that backlog I built up from all those Humble Bundles/Steam sales/etc.

#61 Posted by MeatSim (10849 posts) -

I didn't even know that this was suppose to come out this year.

#62 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I don't really care. As much as I like the franchise, the past Alien games were mediocre. This one doesn't look different from what was shown with the AvP reboot. It looked completely rad, and turned out to be very ordinary.

#63 Posted by MrMo (31 posts) -

@Alex said:

Still, that's three big titles that have slipped out 2012's back door.

Phrasing.

#64 Posted by Delta_Ass (3279 posts) -

That's great, this is really fuckin' great, man. Now, what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some pretty shit now, man.

#65 Posted by DukesT3 (1915 posts) -

Well shit.

#66 Posted by DeF (4885 posts) -

@DougQuaid said:

@DoctorSage said:

My bet is on GTA V getting pushed back next. We just haven't seen enough of that game to make me think otherwise.

Pushed back to what? I don't think they've even announced a release date.

exactly. you can't push back a game that never had a release date.

my current theory is that MAYBE all these delays COULD mean that despite what common sense told us, GTA is actually coming out this holiday?!? publishers getting wind of that and thus maybe pushing their titles they want to do well and were scheduled around the same time?

@PrivateIronTFU said:

So, are there even any good games left that are still coming out in 2012?

Hitman, Spec Ops, Assassin's, FarCry, Darksiders, Borderlands, Wii U launch stuff, Halo 4, StarCraft II HotS might still be coming, WoW Panda expansion, Skyrim Expansion, Saints Row Expansion, Resident Evil 6, possibly (finally?) Last Guardian, maybe God of War Ascension and/or The Last of Us, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Double Fine Adventure...

oh and new Medal of Honor and CoD games if that's your cup of tea.

there's still plenty of stuff to spend your money on this year. especially with the new console launch.

#67 Edited by LukeyBaby93 (14 posts) -

Oh damn, I really wanted to play this at some point but I can wait.

#68 Posted by Nentisys (892 posts) -

Dammit, this looks pretty interesting.

#69 Posted by Jackel2072 (2259 posts) -

Even before all these delays E3 2012 is going to be kind of boring i think. Thank god for the Bombcast which im sure will be top notch even if E3 this year is a lot of known quantities 

#70 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

I bet it's a Wii U launch exclusive or something.

#71 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

Well at least they get more time on the game.

#72 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@Artigkar said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

So, are there even any good games left that are still coming out in 2012?

Borderlands 2 and COD black ops 2 (not sure how good that one will be though). Thats about all I can think of right now.

Along with RE6, Darksiders 2, Hitman Absolution, DMC, The Last of Us... with others I've probably forgotten. Then there's also the B-Tier stuff of like Lollipop Chainsaw and Sleeping Dogs that are still on their way.

Even if you're not interested in any of those listed, it's silly to think that there isn't a solid list of games still ready to fill up the rest of the year.

EDIT: Gah, I missed the previous reply pretty much listing everything I just said and then some. Nevermind =X

Yeah, I'm interested in Darksiders 2 and Borderlands 2. It's pretty much slim-pickins for me.

#73 Posted by Zleunamme (664 posts) -

Another Game Informer cover story that had been pushed back to next year. The games so far: Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and South Park.

#74 Posted by firecracker22 (545 posts) -

Is anyone really surprised by this?

After Pitchford admitted that the game was announced before the thing was ever in development...it seemed like it getting pushed back again was on the horizon to me.

#75 Posted by capnhaggis (33 posts) -

FFFUUUUUUUU

#76 Posted by Soap (3589 posts) -

Do people actually think this is going to be good? :S

#77 Posted by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

Not too surprised on this & much more excited for the other 2 gearbox games, furious four (or whatever the campy WWII is called) & borderlands 2.

#78 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@DeF said:

@DougQuaid said:

@DoctorSage said:

my current theory is that MAYBE all these delays COULD mean that despite what common sense told us, GTA is actually coming out this holiday?!? publishers getting wind of that and thus maybe pushing their titles they want to do well and were scheduled around the same time?

That was definitely the first thing to cross my mind when they announced the Bioshock Infinite delay. Sure it seems insane for GTA5 to come out this year, or in the holiday season at all after their last three successes being spring releases. But insane is sort of Rockstar's game and a surprise release seems like something they could conceivably try to pull. It's motherfucking GTA, so it doesn't need months of hype and advertising to sell copies aside from simply confirming it exists.

But I'm sure it's just me being hopeful.
#79 Posted by greyhawk (16 posts) -

seems to me like the console manufacturers are asking these companies to help extend the lifespan of current machines by delaying their software till next year.

#80 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

An Aliens game made by gearbox? Take your time guys. I have faith that it will be fun.

#81 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

@Zleunamme said:

Another Game Informer cover story that had been pushed back to next year. The games so far: Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and South Park.

It's a conspiracy!

#82 Posted by eGregious (2 posts) -

As Miyamoto says, gamers will always forgive a game for being late, but they will never forgive a game for not being great. (paraphrased)

#83 Posted by probablytuna (3654 posts) -

I can wait.

#84 Posted by YukoAsho (2041 posts) -

@greyhawk said:

seems to me like the console manufacturers are asking these companies to help extend the lifespan of current machines by delaying their software till next year.

More likely everyone's trying to get the hell away from the Call of Duty bulldozer.

#85 Posted by Lotan (217 posts) -

Looks like the new console launch lineup is going to be crazy good?

#86 Posted by BoFooQ (672 posts) -

It seems crazy to me that some of you believe waiting to next year is better than going up against COD or even GTA. The important thing to remember is holiday sales. Even if you're going up against bigger better games sales during holiday seasons are bigger than any other time of year. Don't forget that people who know nothing about games buy stuff for others at christmas. The game must not be ready or it would come out this year.

#87 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

I thought this game was cancelled.

#88 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@DeF said:

@DougQuaid said:

@DoctorSage said:

That was definitely the first thing to cross my mind when they announced the Bioshock Infinite delay. Sure it seems insane for GTA5 to come out this year, or in the holiday season at all after their last three successes being spring releases. But insane is sort of Rockstar's game and a surprise release seems like something they could conceivably try to pull. It's motherfucking GTA, so it doesn't need months of hype and advertising to sell copies aside from simply confirming it exists. But I'm sure it's just me being hopeful.

Rockstar Games will come out in Rockstar Month like they always do.

#89 Posted by DoctorSage (157 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@DeF said:

@DougQuaid said:

@DoctorSage said:

That was definitely the first thing to cross my mind when they announced the Bioshock Infinite delay. Sure it seems insane for GTA5 to come out this year, or in the holiday season at all after their last three successes being spring releases. But insane is sort of Rockstar's game and a surprise release seems like something they could conceivably try to pull. It's motherfucking GTA, so it doesn't need months of hype and advertising to sell copies aside from simply confirming it exists. But I'm sure it's just me being hopeful.

My understanding was that GTA V was coming out sometime Q3 but I guess that's not the case?

#90 Edited by Cybexx (1170 posts) -

Still a ton of stuff slated for Fall though like Assassin's Creed 3, Borderlands 2, Black Ops 2, Far Cry 3, Resident Evil 6, Halo 4, Dishonored, Hitman: Absolution, maybe GTA V. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the one I'm most looking forward to but I could see that slipping.

We will also see some more stuff get announced at E3 or at least get solid dates. I think the Wii U launch lineup is going to be decent considering Nintendo saw what happened with the 3DS launch lineup. I would assume we are finally going to see Pikmin 3 and I would guess at least one big Mario platforming title.

#91 Edited by jasondesante (604 posts) -

R.I.P Gearbox. Between Borderlands 2 being a minor upgrade to a monotonus game, Duke Nukem Forever being the worst P.O.S. of all time, Their Inglorious Basterds ripoff seeming impossible to be unique, and this Aliens game.....what are they really trying to accomplish there besides making money? and who thinks they will accomplish their goal? I don't

#92 Posted by skunkdragon (212 posts) -

This smells like GTA WooHoo is all i can say!!

#93 Posted by Roger778 (957 posts) -

I can't wait to see all of the E3 announcements. It gives me hope that there will be lots of games to choose from, now that Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Prey 2, and now Aliens Colonial Marines have all been pushed to next year.

#94 Posted by dezvous (546 posts) -

Damn this sucks. Would have been an awesome supplement to Prometheus this summer.

#95 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:

Rockstar Games will come out in Rockstar Month like they always do.
Any month Rockstar releases a game is Rockstar Month. GTA4 came out in late April, and was originally slated for late October. Both are at the end/beginning of a Rockstar fiscal quarter and are when they usually release games and DLC.
#96 Edited by Cybexx (1170 posts) -
#97 Posted by HatKing (5941 posts) -

GODDAMNIT. I just lost $10 on this one. From the amount of shit they were showing on this I was confident it'd be coming this year.

#98 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@wh1terav3n said:

@Subjugation said:

This holiday season is becoming slim pickings.

Not even a little bit.

For the things that I actually remotely care about? It really is.

#99 Posted by KeeBnuTs (4 posts) -

@Delta_Ass said:

That's great, this is really fuckin' great, man. Now, what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some pretty shit now, man.

Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?

#100 Posted by ikabubu (212 posts) -

I wasn't particularly interested in this game, but I have to admit... this has been a very strange year with a lot of games slipping away from our fingers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.