Are the AvP movies considered cannon?

#1 Posted by OldManLight (828 posts) -

I've only seen bits and pieces of them but i wonder this after watching this on youtube because it makes no mention of them.

#2 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -

I don't think so. But even if they are, you shouldn't see them because they're both hideously bad.

#3 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3050 posts) -

From what I've read before. They probably aren't. That'd be dope though.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11669 posts) -

Hell no.

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7054 posts) -

No. Even if they were they'd be ignored for being terrible movies.

#6 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1843 posts) -

pffffhahaha

#7 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

I really hope not.

#8 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1224 posts) -

I actually enjoyed the first one, the second film is unwatchable pitch-black shakycam nightmare.

#9 Posted by mercutio123 (468 posts) -

I think Ridley Scott said before Prometheus came out that hell nooooooooo

#10 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

To my knowledge, no they aren't. In Alien canon, it can be safely assumed that the Engineers were the ones to create the Xenomorph's and humans for that matter. While with AvP lore, the Yautja (Predators) had a hand in establishing what the Xeno's are today.

#11 Posted by Superfriend (1530 posts) -

Isn´t AVP a seperate universe that stems from some sort of comic series?

I guess it could be considered a side story or alternate universe at best. Oh and those movies suck. I´ve seen the first one in theaters and it was baaaaad.

#12 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

@mcderby4 said:

To my knowledge, no they aren't. In Alien canon, it can be safely assumed that the Engineers were the ones to create the Xenomorph's and humans for that matter. While with AvP lore, the Yajuta (Predators) had a hand in establishing what the Xeno's are today.

Do you know where the Predators come in their own universe?

#13 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@Superfriend said:

Isn´t AVP a seperate universe that stems from some sort of comic series?

Yeah, that would be the best way of describing it I guess.

@Alekss said:

Do you know where the Predators come in their own universe?

Their home planet is called Yautja Prime.

#14 Posted by razkazz (169 posts) -

They're an insult to the series and no one accepts them as canon. They tried to connect the first one with Lance Henriksen as Weyland, but it didn't jibe with the continuity at all.

#15 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Fuck no. They're also terrible so...yeah.

#16 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

@mcderby4 said:

Their home planet is called Yautja Prime.

Thats in AvP, but what about the original predator movies?

#17 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@Alekss: In the original Predator films, it was assumed that the planet seen was their home world but it was some crazy hunting planet, probably similar to what was seen in 2010's Predators.

#18 Posted by DukesT3 (1893 posts) -

Second one is a great horrible movie thats fun watching with friends.. first one from what I kind of remember is not so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.