Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 12, 2013

A first-person shooter set in the Alien universe. The player is part of a search-and-rescue team sent out to search for the missing USCM team last seen in Aliens.

George Broussard defends A:CM, calls media a lynch mob

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Link

I thought this was pretty funny. The man responsible for 90% of Duke Nukem Forever, which Gearbox bailed out and published, and was garbage, comes forward to defend their honor on Twitter, saying all the negativity amounts "to little more than mob mentality lynching".

This is kind like murdering your wife and having OJ Simpson run to your defense. But I still find it hilarious and entertaining. The continued fallout from this game is almost worth the $35 I pre-ordered it for.

But probably not the $18 I paid for the Season Pass, which will probably haunt me for months down the road, likely when I least expect it to.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

It is one man's opinion, which he evens states is just that, yet I'm sure every games journalist site will put this down as news.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He has some nerve trying to defend the game and their behavior in the years leading up to its release.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pr1mus

Guy's entitled to his opinion.

Now what would be really funny would be for the press to lynch George Broussard like a mob for this comment.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OfficeGamer

I haven't played it yet so he could be right and we could be all bandwaggoning like we always do in the video game fanbase...

But then I remember the horror of watching ACM videos o.O

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

So negative critical reaction to a video game=lynching?

Okay...

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivermetimbers: A lot of the criticism at least from media has been straight to the point and more often than not backed up by facts painting a less than pretty picture.

Beaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Beaker

If he genuinely likes it then good for him.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Guy's entitled to his opinion.

Now what would be really funny would be for the press to lynch George Broussard like a mob for this comment.

He totally is. At the same time, given his friendship/dealings/history with Randy Pitchford and Gearbox, when you're a minor celebrity on the internet, people are going to take anything you say and pick it apart. He wouldn't be the first and won't be the last.

Sometimes the best position to take is silence.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krakn3dfx: Yes, this is basically what it is, I agree. He's just backing a friend.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck Em

No Caption Provided
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't the first to enjoy the game, and he won't be the last. This just in: people like different games and some people on the internet just can't handle that.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nekusakuraba: A lot of truth from folks today. See, apparently we're not all a mindless mob.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He's not that far off with the "mob mentality lynching" part.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I have not read his comment, nor do i intend to, but I will comment as though I have.

Whatever.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joshthebear

OPINIONS

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Humanity

He isn't the first to enjoy the game, and he won't be the last. This just in: people like different games and some people on the internet just can't handle that.

Yes of course, but it is well documented how this game is not only flawed in narrative but in gameplay as well - showcasing numerous examples of poor enemy AI, shoddy texture work and borderline broken mechanics. I am always for the "your own opinion" bit but a turd is a turd and if we all see it and someone says no thats brownies then thats not really covered by the "having your own opinion" clause.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He's kind of right, though. The gaming press have been beating the fuck out of Gearbox and this game with relish over the past week. The game isn't good (I'd call it "okay"), but there comes a point where it stops being criticism and it just devolves into mean spirited bullshit. We hit that point a few days ago.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: I'd say Gearbox/Pitchford deserves a "Welcome back to Earth" after those PR speeches about respect, loving the IP, doing it justice, catering to fans and all of that. Sometimes people reap what they sow and this is one of those instances. I do agree that I hope more crap doesn't come up about them now, it is bad enough as is.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He's kind of right, though. The gaming press have been beating the fuck out of Gearbox and this game with relish over the past week. The game isn't good (I'd call it "okay"), but there comes a point where it stops being criticism and it just devolves into mean spirited bullshit. We hit that point a few days ago.

I dunno, that demo/final product comparison is kind of... really really bad. like lying to consumers bad.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@beaker said:

If he genuinely likes it then good for him.

My thoughts.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Aliens: Colonial Marines is a terrible game. However, the criticisms levelled at A:CM should also be levelled at many other poor to mediocre AAA titles that are given a free pass; to that extent the "mob-mentality lynching" comment is justified. The Aliens game is just a convenient scapegoat so that vg journalists will acquire a semblance of integrity before resuming business as usual.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Whats weird about this is I went to twitter to read that and got caught in reading about much more petty internet drama from a super minor internet celebrity yet again.

This is why I don't care.

George has the right to his opinion and is known for stating it bluntly. I can only base my opinion of this game based on what I've seen, but it's pretty clear the finished game is not what all the people that got on the hype train were waiting for. In general it looks like a pretty generic game, boring and repetitive with spots of interesting ideas, but does nothing to further games innovation or even to uphold it's own canon. I'd probably like it ironically.

I kind of feel George is out of touch, sometimes, when it comes to games in general, though. That's why I love him, and why he probably shouldn't ever make a game again. That and his ego seems to make development for a certain game take way to long to make.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@animasta: At some point you just start a class-action lawsuit and move on, though. Oh wait, they put something in some EULA somewhere about that not being possible.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for him if he honestly enjoys playing the game.. I have put off buying it due to the comments it received. I may pick it up when it has a massive discount...

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Great. More power to him. Although saying the press were "wrong", even if it is in his opinion, is stupid. In my opinion.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@philipduck: Honestly that probably wont take long, I have already seen discounts happening from last Friday. I bet a used copy would be easy to get by within a week or two.

To me if a game is really as bad as critics are saying then it really should get pointed to consumers that there are better games out there. Il play my brothers copy when he is done with it, he started super excited and I asked him yesterday how long does he have left, he knows its 1 mission and he still doesn't want to finish it. Guess this goes in favour of Jeff stating that pre-orders are dumb. In regards to George, its Twitter, all I see from that service is twitter wars, people getting called out and unable to respond properly due to their character limit.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

So negative critical reaction to a video game=lynching?

Okay...

To be fair some sites seem to be jumping on the bandwagon of hating this game. Not saying it doesn't deserve bad reviews, haven't played it so I don't know but still.

Although it is a bit weird because of his relationship with Gearbox.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DonPixel

George Broussard is a man child buffoon of the same breed randy pitchford is. they are anachronistic relics of the 90s dev mindset, bro.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@dagbiker said:

I have not read his comment, nor do i intend to, but I will comment as though I have.

Whatever.

What I was going to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.