Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 12, 2013

A first-person shooter set in the Alien universe. The player is part of a search-and-rescue team sent out to search for the missing USCM team last seen in Aliens.

Here's some new stuff on the game! Yay!...?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm really hoping this game isn't going to be bad, I love (love! LOVE!) the Alien franchise, and this is one of those games this year that I am extremely excited about, but very cautious. Here is some video footage from GameTrailers. As of right now, I'm in middle of watching the first one, so I'll add a few more very soon after I see those. Unless you want to go there and check them out yourself, either way. Aliens: Colonial Marines, Prometheus? This is great.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

I think this looks pretty good, and it's to the point that I don't think I won't buy it. From a point scale, I think the lowest it may get is around four or five, and highest around eight. Three or four stars. I'll be surprised if more or less. Hopefully more though! I'm so excited for it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

Any chance there are Youtube versions of those videos? I'm not clicking through to the GT site.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

Since it's a game so more then likely it'll be like Aliens and less like Alien so I'll skip.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pweidman

I love the Aliens movies as well. The games not so much. I'll pretty much have to give this a go, new Alien story and Gearbox and all, but so far it looks pretty generic, and meh. Cautiously optimistic is my color/colour ;).

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TentPole

How do you guys feel about the inclusion of new Xenomorph types? I think they are rad but I know there are quite a few purist out there who feel very strongly about this.

Edit: The aliens look fantastic and their animation is amazing.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@TentPole: I think it's fine. I think the game, regardless of it being great or not, will be true to the Alien franchise, so I'm happy about that. They got Syd Mead to help with the concept of the missing areas of the Aliens universe, and they also talked to Ridley Scott and read the script to Prometheus so they can make sure it's following the series.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

@pweidman: I kind of agree'd with the generic look earlier on, but not really now. It's true to Aliens, and the game play is, well... like other FPS games, but I don't think that matters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.