I'm really looking forward to this.

#1 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I am a huge fan of the Alien and Predator films, this seems to be Left 4 Dead in space with Aliens instead of Zombies, which is totally awesome.

Can't freakin wait.
#2 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

im a huge anything aliens andyhing predator, and this falls under that arena. I just hope this game turns out well.

#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

As long as it's basically a video game of Aliens, I will love it.

#4 Posted by Crypto136 (118 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"As long as it's basically a video game of Aliens, I will love it."
Yeah this is probably going to be the first game i buy in 09
#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I am hoping that this game turns out to be pretty good too...the possible tension you could feel from those little "alien infector" thingies (I don't know technical terms) could be huge!

#6 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

But the guys who made it released a game called Redneck where you shoot animals!

#7 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Yeah, me wants a good aliens game.

#8 Posted by Crypto136 (118 posts) -
License_To_Bill said:
"But the guys who made it released a game called Redneck where you shoot animals!"
And?  Your point is?
#9 Posted by Crypto136 (118 posts) -
addictedtopinescent said:
"Yeah, me wants a good aliens game."

Yeah after the dissapointing Destroy All Humans i'm really craving a good alien related game....and is there still like an online co op campaign..??
I'll still buy even if there isn't.
#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#11 Posted by GTCknight (694 posts) -

I'm looking for to it. From what i've read about it sounds like an interesting game that I would like to play.

#12 Posted by Jackel2072 (2259 posts) -

i just read about 2 weeks ago or so on Kotaku that Gearbox posted a job listing for game testers. What are these game testers playing you ask? well none other then Aliens: Colonial Marines of course! oh how i wish i lived in Texas right now.

#13 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
Kush said:
"I am hoping that this game turns out to be pretty good too...the possible tension you could feel from those little "alien infector" thingies (I don't know technical terms) could be huge!"
Face huggers. ;)
#14 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

The AVP films were terrible... TERRIBLE! Aliens however is one of the greatest sci-fi's ever made, and that's certainly the kind of setting we are looking at with this game. My hopes are high, a game like this would benefit from a decent coop mode.

#15 Posted by Arne (67 posts) -
Alexander said:
"The AVP films were terrible... TERRIBLE! Aliens however is one of the greatest sci-fi's ever made, and that's certainly the kind of setting we are looking at with this game. My hopes are high, a game like this would benefit from a decent coop mode."

I I have to dissagree, alien games and movies are best played and seen alone, in the dark. I will of course buy this game, but im a bit skeptical to the whole squad thingie, they would have been better of doing it just like Rebellion did in AvP or even Monolith in AvP2 (refeering to the marine campaign alone), witch both were fucking awesome at the time!

p.s 

I know its a long time ago anyone posted, but whatever..
#16 Posted by Sprizmo (347 posts) -
@Arne: If it recreates the experience of being part of a squad working together to survive Geiger's nightmarish creatures, than co-op will be splendid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.