Is this worth a rent?

#1 Posted by Sackmanjones (4742 posts) -

I am a big Aliens fan, and like most of you I am pretty disappointed about how this game turned out. I noticed that the ps3 version was in a RedBox kiosk near me and curious if it's even worth the 2 dollars it would cost for the night. Im under the impression I could probably beat the game in a single night but is it really worth that time? Thanks for the help duders.

Sorry for making this an answerable question....I've never used the feature before so forgive me!

#2 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Pretty much every game is worth to play for 2 dollars.

#3 Edited by Sackmanjones (4742 posts) -

@winternet: But is it worth 3 hours of my time?? That my friend, is the true question.

#4 Edited by Jay_Ray (1110 posts) -

@winternet: But is it worth 3 hours of my time?? That my friend, is the true question.

If you have to ask this then probably not

#5 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5748 posts) -

It should be fine, decent environments and amusing story, probably a few bugs to entertain as well; multiplayer seems like it might be fun for an hour or two. Plus you can get right up next to dudes and make their faces look 10 times the size of your gun.

#6 Posted by ShaggE (6555 posts) -

In my opinion, totally. It's an alright l'il shooter. Without the surrounding circumstances, if this had just came out with no fanfare, I think the reception would be pretty good.

#7 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

If you're a big Aliens fan then it sound like it might just leave you very disappointed. Though keep in mind this is only what I've gathered from what people have been saying all over the internet, rather than what I feel personally as I haven't played the game.

#8 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Yeah, probably.

#9 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

This is something only you can answer. But, since you've said you're a big fan of Aliens, I'd say go for it. At least you'll know what the shit is all about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.