this is still a thing?!

#6 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Aw yeah!

#7 Posted by VashTS (92 posts) -

Ease down!! Ease Down! Ease down.......

#8 Posted by demonbear (1877 posts) -
@DavoTron said:
this is still a thing?!
I'm as surprised as you are! Shocked even. I thought that thing dead!
#9 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

The Gearbox logo is starting to mean something to me these days. I like it a lot.  

#10 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Well Duke Nukem is done. THIS AND BROTHERS AND ARMS NEEDS TO GET DONE!

#11 Posted by Burrobean (58 posts) -

I'm up for a good Aliens game as much as the next guy, but this tells us nothing more than "hey look!  Game's comin'!"   We'll see what the result is.  It doesn't help that the big reveal shot in this trailer can't get its details right.  If that's a maintenance/security camera we're peeping though at the end, why is it moving in all dramatic-like?  Not zooming, which would be more plausible, but actually moving in.  If you're trying for a "found footage" vibe, then think it through, fellas.

#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6058 posts) -
I thought this was cancelled?
#13 Posted by BombaLuigi (167 posts) -

do want.

#14 Edited by Syphous (170 posts) -

So I went to the IP shown in the trailer. It made me put in a "hostname" which I ripped from this trailer as well "FATHER". It logged me in and... showed me the exact same trailer. Nothing else.

WAIT! That's a lie! The other version is like 8 seconds longer and DOES show more footage near the end. Check it and see.

#15 Posted by LumberingOaf (41 posts) -

Seeing this makes me want to go watch the movies again.  (Just the first two, though.)

#16 Posted by Foggen (899 posts) -

I was under the impression that nuking the site from orbit was a way to be sure.

#17 Posted by ErrantElement (38 posts) -

ARE YOU SUGGESTING WHAT I THINK YOU'RE SUGGESTING? 

Worst delivery of that line, ever.  
Still kind of want to check this game out though. 

#18 Posted by Seraphim84 (415 posts) -

That's a good fake Ron Perlman.

#19 Posted by Hector (3378 posts) -
hell yeah!
#20 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Hudson, run a bypass.

#21 Posted by NTM (7542 posts) -

Damn, that's fucking awesome! THEY ACTUALLY MENTIONED RIPLEY AND BURKE! This looks like a very good take on the Alien universe.

#22 Posted by DavoTron (157 posts) -

we got movement!

#23 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
me too
#24 Posted by VTheSystemV (76 posts) -

Want to play this so bad.  Gearbox are one of the finest developers around these days.  Borderlands was epic (was only really a fan of the General Knoxx DLC out of the 4 DLCs, but  what a DLC that was!) and DNF is shaping up to be awesome and hilarious also. 

Apologies for the constant abbreviations, but cannot wait for A:CM

#25 Edited by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

The gearbox logo turned me off of this almost instantly after the POS that was Borderlands on the PC, but I will keep an eye on this game. I just hope it's more survival horror with some light shooting, and not a full on shooter with monster spawners like Dead Space.

#26 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

ok
so?

#27 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

having just played AvP (the latest) and actually quite enjoying it, especially the marine parts, im quite looking forward to this

#28 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

So glad this is finally getting released.

#29 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I had completely forgot Gearbox was working on this.  Definitely gonna be worth checking out.

#30 Posted by Evilsbane (4738 posts) -
@ShaneDev said:
Hudson, run a bypass.
It took me ages to figure out what button to press to bring that stupid thing up.
#31 Posted by ribeye (411 posts) -

finally!  can't wait

#32 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
having just played AvP (the latest) and actually quite enjoying it, especially the marine parts, im quite looking forward to this
read the first 4 words of your comment and thought "oh, here we go" thinking you were going to rip on it (like 90% of the rest of the internet) but i thoroughly enjoyed the game aswell, can't wait for this one!  

to address the "i thought this was cancelled" question, i'm pretty sure Randy Pitchford has always said that this one has been on the back burner rather then cancelled, i get the impression Sega got a bunch of companies to work on various games within the property, but they can't release them all at the same time, cos it would saturate the Market (in an already crowded shooter market) so they got a bunch of concepts together and will release them slowly over time, so hopefully the RPG Obsidian were rumoured to be working on, will someday see the light of day also
#33 Posted by Dynamix (126 posts) -
@Syphous said:
So I went to the IP shown in the trailer. It made me put in a "hostname" which I ripped from this trailer as well "FATHER". It logged me in and... showed me the exact same trailer. Nothing else.  WAIT! That's a lie! The other version is like 8 seconds longer and DOES show more footage near the end. Check it and see.
This guy isn't lying.
#34 Posted by White_Silhouette (476 posts) -
@buft said:
@Enigma777 said:
me too
me as well. This is good that it is not.
#35 Posted by Bismarck (432 posts) -

Played AVP mp with the Marine, and I find it the most fun. I don't know why I didn't liked the alien or predator part. But the marines is the way to go. 
Anyway I'm interested after watching the trailer.

#36 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

I really hope you get to hear 'Game over man! Game over!' every time you die.

#37 Posted by CrunchbiteJr (115 posts) -

We're in the pipe, five by five!

#38 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

I was born to be a space marine...

Just 38k too soon.

#39 Posted by Branthog (5597 posts) -

I just don't fucking get it. I can almost understand Star Wars thirty years later, being a thing and having games made about ten times a year for it. Not completely, but I *almost* get it. But fucking Aliens? That was a thing back when I just stopped shitting in my diapers and wearing big boy pants. It was a fine enough movie, but I am always mystified that it is fodder for this continued "world" that produces comics, cartoons, movies, books, games thirty god damn years later.

#40 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -
@Foggen said:
I was under the impression that nuking the site from orbit was a way to be sure.
#41 Posted by Tesla (1944 posts) -

Oh hey, this game still exists.

#42 Posted by positron (46 posts) -

Please baby Jesus don't let this be shit.

#43 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (960 posts) -

Hundreds of years in the future and they're still using IPV4?  Doubt it.

#44 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:
@ShaneDev said:
Hudson, run a bypass.
It took me ages to figure out what button to press to bring that stupid thing up.
Was this for AvP2 at the very start of the game? I remember spending awhile trying to open the first door because they don't tell you how to do it.
#45 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -
@gpbmike said:

Game over man! Game over!!

:<
#46 Posted by spartan1017 (222 posts) -

hot damn!

#47 Posted by barberforce (107 posts) -

I just wet myself!!

#48 Posted by MasonL87 (107 posts) -

I heard Steve Blum!!

#49 Posted by GeekWhenSpoken2 (48 posts) -
@NTM: Except that Carter Burke is dead as a doornail, having earned a much deserved and gruesome death.
#50 Posted by HatKing (6108 posts) -
@Branthog said:
I just don't fucking get it. I can almost understand Star Wars thirty years later, being a thing and having games made about ten times a year for it. Not completely, but I *almost* get it. But fucking Aliens? That was a thing back when I just stopped shitting in my diapers and wearing big boy pants. It was a fine enough movie, but I am always mystified that it is fodder for this continued "world" that produces comics, cartoons, movies, books, games thirty god damn years later.
Alien is widely considered one of the best scifi-horror films ever created.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.