SEGA asked about ACM, changes subject, pimps other games instead

#1 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

"Colonial Marines is still on. We've been working closely with Gearbox behind the scenes and we'll be able to tell you a lot about that in the next couple of months. It won't be out November 11th (as previously reported). We haven't announced a date yet. This was kind of a pickup for us, with Acitvision acquiring Vivendi and us having the Aliens license. With the state of the code available to us with Aliens Vs Predator from Rebellion, that kind of forced us and allowed us to slightly alter our Aliens roadmap and strategy. It made sense to release that first. We have a further title to announce from Platinum Games as well. We'll also have a core title coming from Nagoshi-san's (Super Monkey Ball creator Toshihiro Nagoshi-Ed) internal studio in Japan. It's a shooter." 

So that's vice-president of Sales and Marketing for SEGA America Alan Pritchard, speaking in the latest issue of Game Informer. 

I have a few points. 

1 - November 11th? Wait what? You had a release date for ACM? When did that happen?  

2 - "Kind of a pickup for us" makes it sounds like they still have no idea what they're doing with the Aliens licence and that they didn't really want it in the first place. And who was the genius who "altered their roadmap" to release a mediocre game nobody wanted first with AVP? 

3 - This whole interview comes across like this: 

"What's up with Aliens: Colonial Marines?" 

"IT STILL EXISTS BUT I AIN'T TELLING YOU SHIT YO DAWG YOU LIKE THAT SUPER MONKEY BALL?" 

WHILE PONDERING THESE QUESTIONS. I'LL ENJOY THIS HALF-DECADE OLD SCREENSHOT
#2 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Predator 2 would totally make a better videogame.

#3 Posted by buzz_clik (7024 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" Predator 2 would totally make a better videogame. "
Luckily, it's already a game!

#4 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" @keyhunter said:

"

ZOMG ITS LIKE I'M TOTALLY PLAYING AS DANNY GLOVER AND SHIT
#5 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
" @buzz_clik said:
" @keyhunter said:

"
ZOMG ITS LIKE I'M TOTALLY PLAYING AS DANNY GLOVER AND SHIT "
I mean playing AS the predator, bustin' up Jamaican gangbangas' moon. Danny Glover could be a recurring boss.
#6 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -
@Rayfield: Sega. Delay. Game you like. 

Does this really surprise you at this point?
#7 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@extremeradical: 

No, I guess not. 

But dude...Aliens.
#8 Posted by Lepuke (327 posts) -
@keyhunter " I mean playing AS the predator, bustin' up Jamaican gangbangas' moon. Danny Glover could be a recurring boss. "

Holy crap, that's F'n awesome man.
#9 Edited by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

Why does SEGA want to do me like this? All I want is to live in a world full of peace, love, harmony and awesome games and SEGA's recurring presence keeps putting a stop to that. 

SEGA ON LEFT, ME ON RIGHT

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.