staff from Colonial Marines tell the back story

#3 Posted by Psykhophear (940 posts) -

These articles do shed some light on the situation. Thanks for sharing.

#4 Posted by Morningstar (2194 posts) -

Gonna have a ball with the info from this project for years to come. There's a book in this if someone would write it.

#5 Posted by Humanity (9646 posts) -

That's actually a great article thanks for sharing it. Kinda wish GiantBomb didn't shy away from big stories like this - it seems every time I read a really interesting article it's a link going off-site.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14715 posts) -

@humanity said:

That's actually a great article thanks for sharing it. Kinda wish GiantBomb didn't shy away from big stories like this - it seems every time I read a really interesting article it's a link going off-site.

They cover plenty of big stories, they just don't cover ones they personally don't have an interest in.

#7 Posted by Humanity (9646 posts) -

@animasta said:

@humanity said:

They cover plenty of big stories, they just don't cover ones they personally don't have an interest in.

I know it's only two guys and everything but I feel they could do more - hey thats just my personal opinion. Love all the video content on the site so that kinda balances it out.

#8 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2034 posts) -

I really don't see what the bid deal about this game is. It's just another poorly managed game that got way too hyped up and ultimately dissappointed, it happens all the time. I learnt that lesson when Fable came out years ago, people need to grow up and accept that sometimes shit happens.

#10 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@rollingzeppelin: This isn't just about this game. To me personally this is more about the PR leading up to the product release and that gamers shouldn't have to take that shit from nobody after this.

#11 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@funkydupe: But they never learned. A few days after you guys started to preorder Destiny in droves and started to mass preorder Bioshock. So basically, gamers are the ones at fault for not having any self control.

#12 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@kaosangel: You're not wrong. A change in the current video game consumer culture is needed, the trend of pre-ordering games is getting out of hand to a point where it is easily exploitable. They can hype a product, have players pre-order through a service that has a no-refund policy on pre-orders and the seller has just banked milions of dollars without even showing a real game.

#13 Posted by oraknabo (1513 posts) -

What I'd really like to see now is an interview with Obsidian about how far along their RPG was and if they feel like Sega could have avoided this mess by cancelling Conlonial Marines instead and proceeding with the RPG.

Patrick or Alex should see if they can get those guys to join the discussion.

#14 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Hey sorry if this has already been posted but I found this to be too crazy if it it is true I would expect sega to fire who ever decided to give gearbox that money and not check in with what was going on.

If Aliens made good profit then I wouldn't count on it :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.