Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

AvP Ban in Australia Overturned! HUZZAH!!!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Seems that Australia didn't like getting wrecked in the press by Rebellion's brilliant statements.  The ratings board has reversed their declassification decision on AvP and have granted it the MA15+ rating WITH NO CHANGES!!! 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6243972.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;6 

This begs the question of whether other games should be looked at again...and whether the ratings board is starting to lighten up.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

Excellent decision! The game looks very violent but I am glad that the rating board calmed down in this case and is going ahead with this release.

Also, this game looks really good. AvP II was one of my beloved, PC FPSs of my youth and current-gen improvement upon that games seems like a great idea to me.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

The should just go ahead and add an 18+ certificate already. 

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By weltal

Weird, this sets a strange precedent considering their harsh rulings on games previously. 

Here's to hoping to Aussies get more violent games!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187
    @RHCPfan24: I think it's less of a situation of "they calmed down" and more a situation of the way Rebellion responded to them and basically called them out with a big "BULLSHIT" sticker of an official statement.  I mean, seriously, when you tell a government that they don't allow the adults of the country make their own entertainment decisions, it's pretty tough to come back with anything other than "OH YEAH, WELL......WELL.......YOUR MOM...man, showed those fuckers, didn't we?....fuck it, we'll appeal it, they pinned us in the corner".
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @jakob187: Exactly, they have no other choice but to accept the fact that they are limiting their population's access to material that is suitable for the appropriate audience. Rebellion showed them!
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By hatking
    @jakob187 said:
    " @RHCPfan24: I think it's less of a situation of "they calmed down" and more a situation of the way Rebellion responded to them and basically called them out with a big "BULLSHIT" sticker of an official statement.  I mean, seriously, when you tell a government that they don't allow the adults of the country make their own entertainment decisions, it's pretty tough to come back with anything other than "OH YEAH, WELL......WELL.......YOUR MOM...man, showed those fuckers, didn't we?....fuck it, we'll appeal it, they pinned us in the corner". "

Yes exactly.  I just didn't think it'd happen so quick.  I thought that this game would have to do it and then higher profile games would follow and that is when they'd realize their system isn't right.  This shows that they know it isn't perfect and hopefully they'll restructure it or add another rating to the scale.  Also you beat to post this!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

Interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.