Game Informer Review: 5.75

#1 Posted by SpartanGuy (48 posts) -
#2 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -

I watched the QL and thought it looked extremely mediocre.

#3 Posted by Heartagram (1182 posts) -

I mean what did you expect?

#4 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

is anyone actually surprised by that?
It's looked crap since always.

#5 Edited by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:

" is anyone actually surprised by that? It's looked crap since always. "

I'm surprised, given the pedigree that the AvP license carries with it as well as the fact that the original developers (even if it IS Rebellion) was working on it. 
 
I guess I'm just going to rent it first and check it out.  However, they complained about the AI in the game...and that is NOT why people are going to play this game.  The whole "disappointing melee combat" does have me curious, though.
#6 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

Yeah well Rebellion also did Rogue Warrior so I think the bar has been set pretty low

#7 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

I was mildly optimistic at first, until I saw the QL. This review just puts me off completely.

#8 Edited by august (3846 posts) -

We already had a thread on this.
 
I can't take the reviewer seriously when he says the game doesn't capture the spirit of the original, then complains about the Predator using stealth, the wall running and the motion tracker.
 
I don't expect it to be a great game but this review is just bad. I don't think this guy has much experience outside of console fps games released in the last five years.

#9 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Read the review. His points are completely ridiculous...I'm still waiting for a real review myself.

#10 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

I've never been excited about this game...

#11 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

I'm not suprised to hear. I always thought the game look really bad.
#12 Posted by SpartanGuy (48 posts) -
@august: Didn't see the thread sorry, I searched and everything. 
 
And I agree with everything you said.
#13 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Yeah I saw this and I was surprised. I will rent it anyway and decide where to go from there.
#14 Posted by InTheEnd (268 posts) -

I love how he says the game doesn't capture the spirit of the original after he complained about the features that makes the franchise unique...

#15 Posted by august (3846 posts) -
@SpartanGuy said:
" @august: Didn't see the thread sorry, I searched and everything.   And I agree with everything you said. "
Yeah I think the thread may have ended up in General Discussion because of a bug.
#16 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -
@CL60 said:
"Read the review. His points are completely ridiculous...I'm still waiting for a real review myself. "
A million fucking times this.
#17 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @trophyhunter said:

" is anyone actually surprised by that? It's looked crap since always. "

I'm surprised, given the pedigree that the AvP license carries with it as well as the fact that the original developers (even if it IS Rebellion) was working on it.  I guess I'm just going to rent it first and check it out.  However, they complained about the AI in the game...and that is NOT why people are going to play this game.  The whole "disappointing melee combat" does have me curious, though. "
well I'm surprised your surprised
#18 Posted by Liminality (444 posts) -

I can't understand what's so wrong about this game, looks amazing to me.

#19 Edited by Kibblez (702 posts) -
@Alaska_Gamer said:

" @CL60 said:

"Read the review. His points are completely ridiculous...I'm still waiting for a real review myself. "
A million fucking times this. "
I dunno, considering there's already been a few reviews saying the game isn't all that great... well, let's just say theres a pattern emerging
#20 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Kibblez said:
" @Alaska_Gamer said:

" @CL60 said:

"Read the review. His points are completely ridiculous...I'm still waiting for a real review myself. "
A million fucking times this. "
I dunno, considering there's already been a few reviews saying the game isn't all that great... well, let's just say theres a pattern emerging "
frankly to me this game looks and feels like a PS2 game
#21 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

Oh I don't think the game is going to be amazing, but that review is horrible. It reads like all the dude has ever played is Halo and MW. If the motion tracker is something you don't like about an Aliens game, I'm pretty sure that's not the game's problem.

#22 Posted by Nasar7 (2703 posts) -

Well the demo did kinda suck. The right way to do an Alien (or AvP)  game would something like Dead Space.

#23 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

I like many others wasn't sold on this game but then I played the demo with my buddy and had tons of fun plus it should be taken into consideration that they picked a horrible gametype to put into the demo should have been team deathmatch or species deathmatch whatever you wanna call it.

#24 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@Dylabaloo said:
" I like many others wasn't sold on this game but then I played the demo with my buddy and had tons of fun plus it should be taken into consideration that they picked a horrible gametype to put into the demo should have been team deathmatch or species deathmatch whatever you wanna call it. "
i agree  
#25 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I thought this is more like a guilty pleasure kind of game. I was expecting 70% scores.
#26 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

Yes that is a terrible review.

#27 Posted by TMThomsen (2074 posts) -
@Kibblez said:
" @Alaska_Gamer said:

" @CL60 said:

"Read the review. His points are completely ridiculous...I'm still waiting for a real review myself. "
A million fucking times this. "
I dunno, considering there's already been a few reviews saying the game isn't all that great... well, let's just say theres a pattern emerging "
The game might be bad, but he sure doesn't convince me with that horrible review.
#28 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

5.75? How does one differentiate between a thousandth of a point?
 
Anyway; I wasn't planning to pick this up but it's a shame to hear negative reviews, I've got good memories of playing AvP2.

#29 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -

I didn't think it'd be very good, anyway, but it's always a shame to see a game do badly. I just feel sorry for the developers. There are a few exceptions to this agenda, of course.

#30 Posted by DaSmart1 (69 posts) -

Wow guys really, REALLY? Did anyone actually read this review? This review is the most terribly written, childish, and unprofessional review I've ever read in my entire life. Besides, there are like, 11 other reviews that are all 8 and aboves. If you PERSONALLY don't like it that's one thing, but many more do, and you should NOT trust this review. 

#31 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -

This game could be AMAZING. But it's not.

#32 Edited by dancinginfernal (475 posts) -

I couldn't take that review seriously for the life of me. I saw no major flaws of the game listed and basically all he did was call the campaigns boring.

#33 Posted by ReaperOfLiving (491 posts) -

"The developer of the worst game on the PS3" mean anything to you?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.