Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

Lazy Manual Design!

DarkPredatorUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DarkPredatorUK

Gotta admit this is a really bad design choice for an image to use in a manual....

Facehugger in the Alien Vs Predator manual

No Caption Provided

And the plush toy image that was used! WTF!
    No Caption Provided

Thanks to Mikey at the AVP Galaxy forums for finding this out!
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TwoLines

Haha.. that IS lazy..

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BigBoss1911

Its a fucking manual.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By I_smell

Games still come with manuals??

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I dont care that much. Im enjoying my non legit copy on PC until my Hunter Edition arrives after a few stock delays at Amazon. 
    Im loving the game, its not ground breaking, but it is what I was expecting.

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that guy is doing it wrong..its a face hugger not a chest hugger. also manual designer is a twat!

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By samfo

I don 't see the big issue here, it's still an alien?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @SamFo said:
    " I don 't see the big issue here, it's still an alien? "

The facehugger artwork was stolen by the designer by googling "facehugger" and just copy pasting the plushie toy pic into a layer.  Legally they have that right as the copyright extends back to the studio who made and own the franchise but it's still fucking lazy of the designer to not even bother to look up a much better facehugger pic and to place the face hugger where the binding is.  Shit artwork is shit..and lazy.
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By swamplord666

haha you call that lazy... look at the MW2 manual. It contains absolutely fuck all! Seriously!  there's 2 pages!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By c1337us

Big deal. I don't see the problem.

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the whole game should have been 3D plushies fighting

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Evilsbane

Ahh . . .the horrors of .. bad manual design....

DarkPredatorUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DarkPredatorUK
    @DragoonKain1687: I never said i didnt like the game, I'm loving it!

It's also outsold Mass Effect 2 (game of the year!) and Bioshock 2 here in the UK, Rebellion has stated that they would love another shot at these games given more time and budget.

Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley:
     “I won’t say what stage those negotiations are in, but we would love to revisit the franchise. Fox are excited about what we’re doing, and we feel we’ve added value to the franchise. We would love to work with Sega again, there were a lot of things we couldn’t fit into the original. We are trying to do all the right things to make the franchise a success now and in the future."
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hatking
    @DarkPredatorUK said:
    " @DragoonKain1687: I never said i didnt like the game, I'm loving it!

It's also outsold Mass Effect 2 (game of the year!) and Bioshock 2 here in the UK, Rebellion has stated that they would love another shot at these games given more time and budget.

“I won’t say what stage those negotiations are in, but we would love to revisit the franchise. Fox are excited about what we’re doing, and we feel we’ve added value to the franchise. We would love to work with Sega again, there were a lot of things we couldn’t fit into the original. We are trying to do all the right things to make the franchise a success now and in the future." "

I'm sorry, but I find that it outsold both Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 very hard to believe.  Where did you see that?

Also it is fucking February, don't you think it is a little early to be calling anything GOTY?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Afroman269

Reflects the game's qualities....

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    @HatKing said:
    " @DarkPredatorUK said:

“I won’t say what stage those negotiations are in, but we would love to revisit the franchise. Fox are excited about what we’re doing, and we feel we’ve added value to the franchise. We would love to work with Sega again, there were a lot of things we couldn’t fit into the original. We are trying to do all the right things to make the franchise a success now and in the future." "

I'm sorry, but I find that it outsold both Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 very hard to believe.  Where did you see that?

Also it is fucking February, don't you think it is a little early to be calling anything GOTY?

"
    Never implied that anyway. Love you Shaun of the Dead avatar. xD
    CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CABBAGES
    @HatKing:
    I doubt it has outsold me2 and bs2 but i have actually finished avp and still play the multiplayer but i cant be arsed to finish bs2 yet or even play the multiplayer.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hatking
    @CABBAGES:
    I have nothing to really say about the game's quality, I haven't played it myself, although I do plan to as I'm a big fan of AVP2.  Although hearing everything I have I'm not going in with high expectations... this was I'll either be pleasently surprised or proven right in my assumptions. :P
    DarkPredatorUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkPredatorUK
    @HatKing said:

" @DarkPredatorUK said:

"
      http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/02/23/avp-tops-uk-charts-sequel-on-the-horizon/

And allot of people are predicting ME2 as GOTY this early as its so damn good, it's only a prediction jeez......
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hatking
    @DarkPredatorUK said:
    " @HatKing said:

" @DarkPredatorUK said:

"
      http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/02/23/avp-tops-uk-charts-sequel-on-the-horizon/

And allot of people are predicting ME2 as GOTY this early as its so damn good, it's only a prediction jeez...... "

It isn't that AVP has outsold ME2 or BioShock 2, it was just for the week of its release that it was on the top of the charts.  So yeah a brand new game outsold two games which came out weeks ago for the first week of its release... hardly anything to write home about.  The game had a fairly strong marketing push so it was a given it'd do okay on its first week.  When you look at total copies sold and then compare that to either of those games I'm sure it is a different story.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if ME2 got GOTY, but it is just way too early to be predicting that, even if it does end up winning.  There is no possible way to know the quality of the games that aren't out and saying something like that shows a lack in faith in the industry and is an insult to the companies working on these games.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@HatKing said:
    " @DarkPredatorUK said:

"
    It did outsell Bioshock 2/ME2 in the UK, not worldwide.  It was number 1 on the sales chart in UK.  The dude who said something about the "few bad American reviews" said that.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hatking
    @xobballox:
    Yeah only on its first week though.  It has not and in all likelihood will not ever sell more copies than either one of those games.
    DarkPredatorUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarkPredatorUK
    @HatKing said:

It isn't that AVP has outsold ME2 or BioShock 2, it was just for the week of its release that it was on the top of the charts.  So yeah a brand new game outsold two games which came out weeks ago for the first week of its release... hardly anything to write home about.  The game had a fairly strong marketing push so it was a given it'd do okay on its first week.  When you look at total copies sold and then compare that to either of those games I'm sure it is a different story. 

Yeah after going back to get the link i realised that. maybe i was just too eager to tell and didnt write it down in the right way, I'm still really happy that there are now talks for DLC and a sequal as well as the fact that the release of Colonial Marines hinged on the success of this game which has thankfully done well despite allot of bad critical reviews.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if ME2 got GOTY, but it is just way too early to be predicting that, even if it does end up winning.  There is no possible way to know the quality of the games that aren't out and saying something like that shows a lack in faith in the industry and is an insult to the companies working on these games. "

Like i said it's just a prediction and as you said yourself you wouldnt be surprised if it got GOTY, I am in no way showing a lack of faith in the industry or insulting any games companies just for liking ME2 so much, so please refrain from making me out as something I'm not.
     I'm sure that plenty of awsome games are due out this year but i was simply showing my  appreciation  for the work that Bioware has done.
    Being a graduate in games design and animation i know how much work goes into making these games so taking my statement any further than simple praise a game is a little over the top.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hatking

@DarkPredatorUK:
    Yeah I'm glad this is doing well too, as I am pretty excited to see how Colonial Marines turns out.  I just hope that Rebellion learns from the criticism rather than taking it as an insult.  I want to see this franchise do well and become as good as it once was.  Still haven't played the game myself so I don't have any opinion on the quality of it myself.

DarkPredatorUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarkPredatorUK
    @HatKing:
     If your a fan of either franchise i say give it a shot for sure, Rebellion haven't reinvented the wheel in any way but the few things they did add work very well.
    Given the time and budget the guys had it's a pretty damn good achievement for them in my oppinion and a great stepping stone over to colonial marines and an AVP sequal.

I do agree that if Rebellion get another shot though that they really have to up the ante, taking risks can turn a so-so game into a true great where as playing it safe and sticking to some old skool ideas will not get them anywhere.

If anything this AVP game has rekindled the love that i had for the franchise as a whole after the latest film stomped it flat into the ground.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hatking

@DarkPredatorUK:
    Yeah, that is exactly why I plan to try the game out.  If nothing more I might get a good sense of nostalgia from it. 

Also yes, I need something... anything... to help me forget the abomination of those movies (I didn't like either AVP movie).  If this game can do that then it will have served its purpose.  Funny how that AVP2 had a far better and more interesting story than any of the movies past Aliens or Predator.

DarkPredatorUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DarkPredatorUK
    @HatKing: 
    The first AVP was pretty bad don't get me wrong, but AVP:R was just plain horrible. I always call it 'Dawson's creek with Aliens' as i just hated the unnecessary  storylines and the slasher movie treatment.
    Never mind the fact i couldn't even see what was going on 99% of the time lol.

But like i said, this game does bring back the good memories and the reasons why these two creations are so badass while thankfully putting the AVP films away in background, only taking some cool areas such as the pyramid etc which is pretty nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.