PC performance Let US compare

#1 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

How are you guys doing performance regarding AvP PC version?

I myself unsure if the performance I am getting is right.

|4870x2| 6GB RAM | i7 720 2.67Ghz | Windows 7 Ultimate |
With latest CCC drivers.

I am getting all way from 37-57 depending on what is happening, it is all of course playable, but since I am playing on dx9 and not dx10/11 I would expect 60 constant.

How r u guys performing?

#2 Posted by Evilsbane (4544 posts) -
@amir90: Why are you running it with DX9?
#3 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

because my card doesn't support dx11, also to be able to start dx11 your computer must "see" your machine as having dx11 or something, I remember reading that you can download a hotfix that enables you to
get in the game dx11 mode, but only dx10 will be enabled.
 However, if the performance isn't neat in dx9, then I don't want to take my chances in dx10

#4 Edited by Evilsbane (4544 posts) -
@amir90: I haven't played the full game yet, but running the demo with my system:
(Windows7Ultimate, i7 920 @ 3.3, GTX260 1792mb, 12gb DDR3)
I was getting rock solid 55+ FPS, but the multiplayer map is rather small so I would have to try the full game.
#5 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

digging up old threads, yay >_>

anyway, finally decided to boot this up after finishing Witcher 2 and having no idea what to play next... game looks fucking GOOD, kinda shocked really. i dunno what / if DX11 is doing anything, but damn son. Quality wise i have no idea, only played the first Alien lvl, seems cool in a "well youre not using a gun i guess" way (well you are with the marines), but damn, graphics are great maxed out :o Hell it probably already paid the 5bucks i paid on Steam just for how good it looks :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.