PS3 Demo Status

#1 Posted by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -

I've been noticing, in other topics and the quick look comments, that many people (myself included) are complaining that the PS3 version isn't working (with good reason - it isn't). It seems like the PC and 360 versions are fixed, so PS3 users - post here and let the rest of us know if you can get into a game or not.

#2 Posted by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -

I'm going to bump this thread over the other one where I didn't tag the game... sorry

#3 Edited by Kazzurak (366 posts) -

Yep the matchmaking is broken when i try to join a match it says 1 player in game and waiting for 8 ... counts down to 0 and starts over

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

No joy on my end :(

#5 Posted by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -

Just tried again. No luck. Anyone want to start posting PSN id's so we can get a match going? Mine's JeevesPleez

#6 Posted by FujiSyusuke808 (23 posts) -

It never worked once for me..

#7 Posted by spilledmilkfactory (1846 posts) -

yeah still not working for me either. it just says searching for game. oh and now it says 1 player in game, waiting for 1 more player. but i doubt that'll happen..

#8 Posted by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -

Official statement by Rebellion: 

---------------------------------

Unprecedented demand for Aliens vs. Predator following the release of the cross-platform demo yesterday morning brought to light matchmaking issues on the PC platform resulting in players having to wait to join games, or even not find games at all.

We’re pleased to say later in the day the issue was corrected and a small patch to the PC executable next time you launch it from Steam will have you finding and playing games using Quick Match as it was intended.

While this issue did not affect the Xbox 360, we are, with SEGA’s assistance investigating reports of a similar nature on the PlayStation 3 and working flat out on a solution.

The full game features the ability to browse for and create games but for the purposes of simplicity the demo was limited to matchmaking, alongside the ability to set up groups with friends which mitigated yesterday’s issues for many.

We’re really sorry that this issue tainted a day in which we saw many people get hands on with AvP for the first time and we’re hugely gratified by the positive feedback to the game.
 ---------------------------------

Well, at least they're working on it.

#9 Posted by Raven_Sword (3437 posts) -

As long as they fix it soon,a dn the final game doseent have this problem, than im fine.

#10 Posted by Spoonman671 (4568 posts) -

I had heard that if you try joining a game while in a party with friends then it will work sometimes.  I haven't tried so I don't know if it's true.

More importantly, Rebellion assigned the fire function to R2 instead of R1, where it belongs.  I hope they fix that, or maybe even give us customization, before release.

#11 Posted by TurboMan (7428 posts) -

I was wondering about that.. I waited for a good 10 minutes each time and never got a game started.. PS3 getting the shaft once again

#12 Edited by KirillOrlov (214 posts) -

:(((( What about Friend invites? Do those work? I'm on now if anyone wants to try ID: Carill

#13 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

everytime i play a cant get the matchmaking to work. well that was this morning. 

#14 Posted by KirillOrlov (214 posts) -

Just got into a match so seems to work now....

#15 Posted by McDom (70 posts) -

been trying for 30 minutes now and still can't get it to work..

#16 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Demo is still not working for me. Shameful state of affairs! 

If and when it starts working again, feel free to add me :)
PSN ID: TheGreatHamzini

#17 Posted by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -
@KirillOrlov: @Hamz: 
Cool. Next time I'm on, I'll add you guys. 

I was thinking that if we got enough people on, then we could bypass the matchmaking altogether. Though you said you got into a game KirillOrlov?
#18 Posted by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -

I got into a match about an hour ago - it took about 5mins to find a game. I don't know if this means it's working now or not, but it couldn't hurt to give it another shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.