Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

So, is anyone still playing AVP online?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

For various reasons I just recently broke out my copy of AVP to give it a whirl after buying it day one. I'm just special like that. So far I have to say I'm enjoying the game much more than the reviews led me to believe. It hasn't reinvented the wheel but it captures the feel of the Aliens and Predator films well enough that it scratches my fanboy itch. However, the multiplayer seems to be a wasteland at this point. Even at peak hours there are only maybe a couple of dozen matches I can see pop up on the Player Match menu. So, it doesn't bode well for my desire to see all of the gameplay modes and pick up some of the multiplayer achievements.

Basically am I the only person still trying to play this game and am I the only one who find it to be a guilty pleasure?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FunExplosions

I think you may be one of the very few, at least on this site. I kinda like what I played of it, but that was on my computer which ran the game like shit.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

If you mean the recent version, 360 release and such, I have to ask if they ever fixed the abysmal time it took to find and connect to a game.  It seemed really fun to play online, but in the time it took to actually find and start a single game, you could have played through 2 games on Modern Warfare 2 and been starting on your third.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I tried to so that we could talk about it at our podcast but there was no one anywhere. A real shame, I didn't think the game was THAT bad.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, since Sega recently announced that they weren't going to continue to patch the console version I doubt that any fixes will be coming. Sega seems to be in bad shape and updates to AVP weren't high on their "to do" list.

Yeah, I remember this game doing surprisingly well at retail but it doesn't seem to have panned out for the multiplayer community. Which is a shame because some of the multiplayer modes are quite unique. Of course the only games that seem to be going are your standard Death Matches. Guess I'm just going to have to give up on ever getting those multiplayer achievements.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Nadafinga

Yeah yeah, I'm waaaaaaay late to the party, but Newegg had this game for $10 today, so me and a buddy bought it (its sold out now). I hope the cheap price gets at least a few people playing online, I would like to at least check out what it has to offer. 

So if you've still got this game, jump online in a week or so, a bunch of people just bought it!

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Gizmo

Fuck this game, I knew Rebellion would mess it up, and they did. Still waiting for the true successor to AVP2.

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Bismarck

So, is anyone still playing AVP online?

The question stands. I got tha game this week when it was low priced on steam with the 2 dlcs, so I was wondering if ppl still play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.