This game is shit; get over it.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Nemesis (317 posts) -

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/aliensvspredator?q=Aliens%20vs.%20Predator
 http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/aliensvspredator?q=Aliens%20vs.%20Predator
 http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/aliensvspredator?q=Aliens%20vs.%20Predator

AvP fanboys need to get over it. There are much better games you should be spending your money on instead of of this garbage. Such games include: Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain, Bioshock 2, etc... 

#2 Posted by TurboMan (7400 posts) -

Yeah, fuck this game that people like.

#3 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Hell ya this game is the shit! AMIRITE!!???

#4 Posted by buzz_clik (6914 posts) -

PROTIP: Using metacritic to bolster your argument is generally frowned upon.

#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Opinions, they are lost on you young one.

#6 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

Its not shit, just average. 

And you left MAG off your buy list.

#7 Posted by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -

Heavy Rain isn't a game. It's an interactive narrative.

#8 Posted by LiquidPrince (15843 posts) -

Anyone expected more?

#9 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Oh and wait, wait, wait...67-73 = shit and not average?

HOLY  POOP!

#10 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3700 posts) -

I think you are confused on how opinions work. 
Let me see if I can explain this. YOU ARENT THE ONLY ONE WITH AN OPINION.

#11 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Sounds more like he bought it. Then got stomped in the Multiplayer. And is now all upset.  

P.S Use hyper links!

#12 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

Which one of those Heavy Rains is like a game?

#13 Posted by ezdude (393 posts) -

I have to agree I hate Metacritic, wait... Yes I hate AvP too

#14 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

Ima huge AVP fan, and plan to check this out at some point.... but your fail for using metacritic. And Bioshock 1 and 2 suck, Heavy Rain isn't a game x2, since u put it twice....

#15 Posted by Kbm600 (446 posts) -

What the fucking hell is wrong with everyone in this thread? Like it or not, Heavy Rain is a video game.

#16 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I don't get why people are defending this game so much.
It's basically a ok PS2 game

#17 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

Eh, if they're fanboys, they're fanboys, and they'll find whatever reason to like it. Their money and time. 

Guess i'm glad i didn't get it.
#18 Edited by Geno (6477 posts) -

I haven't seen a single AvP fanboy yet.  

And to the people in this thread: there's nothing wrong with using Metacritic as a general reference. 

#19 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

I like Alien, and I like Predator.... Both together suck nearly everytime.

#20 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

I like that Aliens Vs. Predator beat'em up game. =/

#21 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Regardless of whether or not the game is shit, this thread is shit.

#22 Posted by buzz_clik (6914 posts) -
@Geno said:
" I haven't seen a single AvP fanboy yet.   And to the people in this thread: there's nothing wrong with using Metacritic as a general reference.  "
But there is when you say "the game is shit because metacritic told me it was."
#23 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" @Geno said:
" I haven't seen a single AvP fanboy yet.   And to the people in this thread: there's nothing wrong with using Metacritic as a general reference.  "
But there is when you say "the game is shit because metacritic told me it was." "
He never implied that. 
#24 Posted by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -
@Toxin066 said:
" Heavy Rain isn't a game. It's an interactive narrative. "
This is AVP, not Heavy Rain.
#25 Edited by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -
@Alphiehyr said:
" @Toxin066 said:
This is AVP, not Heavy Rain. "
If AvP played like Heavy Rain ..it would be the shit

@Geno said:

@DuhQbnSiLo said:

" Ima huge AVP fan, and plan to check this out at some point....  "

haha the huge avp fan didn't even buy it.. did anyone?
#26 Posted by buzz_clik (6914 posts) -
@Geno: *lil shrug* It's how it reads to me. When your opening three lines (and the majority of your point) are links to metacritic, I kinda get the impression that you're getting metacritic to make your argument for you.

I'd probably have been fine with the metacritic posting if there had been some in-depth analysis rather than meagre flame-bait, but that's not what we got here.
#27 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -
@cide said:
" @Geno said:
@DuhQbnSiLo said:
" Ima huge AVP fan, and plan to check this out at some point....  "

haha the huge avp fan didn't even buy it.. did anyone? "
I don't buy movie based games, I love Predator and Ironman and I got Ironman after a while also, I'm not rushing into crap. I can't remember a good movie-based game...
#28 Posted by ErgoProxy77 (550 posts) -
@Nemesis: I think I will buy 2 copies of AVP just to piss you off
#29 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@buzz_clik: He's suggesting that there are other games that are worth our while. Then he shows considerably low scores for (apparently) a game with many fanboys. The main tick in his post is that I really don't think there are many AvP fanboys out there, his use of metacritic is fine. 
#30 Posted by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -
@Alphiehyr said:
" @Toxin066 said:
This is AVP, not Heavy Rain. "
OP mentioned Heavy Rain as a game someone should get instead.
#31 Posted by benitobb (290 posts) -

The demo wasn't bad, but to me it's definitely didn't seem like a quality shooter with current gen looks or gameplay.  I think a lot of people who would be defensive about this game loved the previous AvP games, and I'm sure if I had a bunch of extra money and bought it, i would have fun with it, but nowhere near up to modern standards.
#32 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Hey if there are people that are getting some enjoyment out of the game then let them.

#33 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

OK how about an AvP game that plays like Heavy Rain..

#34 Posted by buzz_clik (6914 posts) -
@Geno: Yeah, I agree with you on the lack o' fanboys thing. But as I said, outside of posting those links he doesn't say why the game is bad - he lets the voice(s) of metacritic do it for him before saying it's a crap game, without his own insight into the matter. That's verging on flame-baiting spam to me.
#35 Posted by Spacetrucking (941 posts) -

Just because the critics don't like it doesn't mean others can't have a good time with it. Let the fans enjoy their game (broken or otherwise) and leave them be. You don't need to go out of your way to spoil their fun. There are a lot of games that are mechanically broken but still great to play with friends. Example: Earth Defense Force (69 @ metacritic).

#36 Posted by buzz_clik (6914 posts) -
#37 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

"HAY SINCE REVIEWERS DUNT LIEK DIS GAME IT IZ GARBUGE N U CAN HAV NO FUN WIT IT.  IF YOU HAZ FUN WIT IT U OBVUSLY RONG.  ALSO U CANT BUY MORE DEN ONE GAYME, U R LIMITED TO BUYING ONLY ONE GAME."  Is pretty much what I got out of your post.  Just because reviewers don't like the game, does not make it un-enjoyable and shit.  Sure, it has plenty flaws, but to turn away a game that you have fun with because metacritic said so and there are flaws is pretty ignorant.  From the demo and what I've played at a friend's house, I will be getting this when I get payed this week.  This doesn't mean I can't also buy BioShock 2 (which I already bought) and other games.  I don't see why so many people (douchebags) have to do this every time a game is rated badly and people defend it saying they have fun with it.  Do you think people are coming on forums saying they're having fun when they truly hate it, and they only bought it and play it just to try to prove a point (that it's good)?  No, they defend it when people shit on it because it's fun to them.  @buzz_clik said:

" @Geno: Yeah, I agree with you on the lack o' fanboys thing. But as I said, outside of posting those links he doesn't say why the game is bad - he lets the voice(s) of metacritic do it for him before saying it's a crap game, without his own insight into the matter. That's verging on flame-baiting spam to me. "

This too.  He's obviously trying to make a statement about the game based on metacritic.  Maybe he has opinions on why he thinks its bad, but without posting those and just posting links to metacritic, he doesn't have much of an argument.
#38 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" I don't get why people are defending this game so much. It's basically a ok PS2 game "
On earth, we recognise that a PS2 couldn't hope to run a game with AVP's level of detail, especially in terms of multiplayer.  Please send your special PS2 from your home planet so that we may reverse engineer its awesome tech.  We want to play Rez with your special PS2's graphical detail with vibrators in every orifice.  

Thanks in Advance

People of Earth
#39 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@xobballox said:
""HAY SINCE REVIEWERS DUNT LIEK DIS GAME IT IZ GARBUGE N U CAN HAV NO FUN WIT IT.  IF YOU HAZ FUN WIT IT U OBVUSLY RONG.  ALSO U CANT BUY MORE DEN ONE GAYME, U R LIMITED TO BUYING ONLY ONE GAME." "

lol
#40 Posted by HatKing (5820 posts) -

I don't get the point of this thread.  Has there been a huge wave of "HOLY FUCK AVP BLEW MY FUCKING MIND PLAY IT!" threads that I missed?  Seems like there is a small group who enjoy the game, a large group who don't, and an even larger group who don't care either way.  

Also I would take your advice and avoid the game, but I just can't decide between Heavy Rain and Heavy Rain... could you explain the difference? 

No, actually I'll ignore your advice because I don't feel like having some buttsore kid telling me what to play based off the average rating.

#41 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
" @xobballox said:
""HAY SINCE REVIEWERS DUNT LIEK DIS GAME IT IZ GARBUGE N U CAN HAV NO FUN WIT IT.  IF YOU HAZ FUN WIT IT U OBVUSLY RONG.  ALSO U CANT BUY MORE DEN ONE GAYME, U R LIMITED TO BUYING ONLY ONE GAME." "
lol "
I do interpretive dances too!
#42 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" PROTIP: Using metacritic to bolster your argument is generally frowned upon. "
It also just shows how stupid the person is, by using metacritic as an example of anything.

Also what the fuck is a AvP fanboy? I really don't know. I loved the original AvP games, and I find this game to be rather lacking for my own reasons..so am I still an AvP fanboy since I liked the originals but not this? I don't get it.
#43 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I'm as AVP fanboy as they come. I saw both movies tons of times in the theatre despite the fact that they made my heart ache and made me border on tears. I saw them because despite the fact that my two most cherishes hero's were turned into a freddy-versus-jason esque teenybopper movie, It was still live action AVP god damnit. I've read every book, most comics. Played every game. I *love* avp. 

And this game is mediocre. I wasn't expecting much more because it didn't look very good from what I saw before it came out. I was hoping to be surprised, and I wasn't. It's still okay. But I mainly got it for nostalgia and this is one of there rare cases where instead of making me fondly remember the good old days (AVP 2 being my most played game of all time), it just made me wish I was with them. It's not that good. But it's okay. 

This thread sucks.

#44 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

i saw that you linked to metacritic and completely disregarded your argument 

#45 Posted by carlthenimrod (1588 posts) -

I didn't enjoy my time with the demo... but Metacritic is garbage as far as I am concerned.

#46 Posted by RedHerb (84 posts) -

It's a game from a small time developer, which just happens to employ some big time franchise names and game which carries a legacy both of which it has no hope of living up to. To expect this niche shooter to garner the fan base and sales of larger triple A titles is little unfair.

Through the lack of polish, uninspired rehashing of environments and missed opportunities to flesh out a great multi-player game AVP just seems to be result of studio without the time and money or the talent to really make it work.

I believe there's fun to be had with AVP, but it is hard to recommend to others because it's *ahem* problems can lead to some very frustrating times.

#47 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Why is this thread still open?

#48 Posted by TaccyP (307 posts) -

YO, BRO, IF THE CRITICS SAY IT'S SO, IT'S SO.

#49 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

So... nice trolling I guess?

#50 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I don't like to come across as rude but I think JeffGoldblum summed it up best:

@JeffGoldblum
said:

"I think you are confused on how opinions work. Let me see if I can explain this. YOU ARENT THE ONLY ONE WITH AN OPINION. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.