Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien

Concept »

Extraterrestrials appear in many video games in a variety of styles. Sometimes they're evil, sometimes they're benevolent, and sometimes they're very similar to humans.

Do you believe in aliens.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Organicalistic_
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

It'd be kind of ridiculous if Earth were the only planet in the entire universe with life on it.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AlwaysAngry

No. I do not believe in life outside of Earth. If there is, who cares? 

Also, PLANTS ARE NOT LIVING THINGS! THE DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN, A HEART, OR A SOUL! They react to their environments, but it's all just chemical reaction!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hailinel
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " No. I do not believe in life outside of Earth. If there is, who cares?     Also, PLANTS ARE NOT LIVING THINGS! THE DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN, A HEART, OR A SOUL! They react to their environments, but it's all just chemical reaction! "
    Your definition of "living thing" could use some work.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

there has to be  life somewhere outside earth somewhere. i mean why would only earth have life?

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By evildeadron

his definition of a living thing was obviously formed by watching The Wizard of Oz...therefore he does not believe in aliens or plants, only flying monkeys
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Hailinel said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " No. I do not believe in life outside of Earth. If there is, who cares?     Also, PLANTS ARE NOT LIVING THINGS! THE DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN, A HEART, OR A SOUL! They react to their environments, but it's all just chemical reaction! "
    Your definition of "living thing" could use some work. "
    Thanks Mom. I'll get right on it.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    Thanks Mom. I'll get right on it. "
    You'd better, or it's the wooden spoon for you, boy.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tebbit

I believe that there are probably living things that are not humans somewhere out there. I mean, they could just be plants, but there are so many billions of stars and planets out there that to say Aliens don't exist is just foolish. I mean, Mars has traces of water, right? And they're right next door! 

@AlwaysAngry said:

" @Hailinel said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    Thanks Mom. I'll get right on it. "
    Plants are just our retarded brothers. Obviously.
    evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evildeadron
    @Tebbit said:

" I mean, they could just be plants " 

you obviously didn't read AlwaysAngry's disertation on the lack of life in plants    

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT

Yes and I know that some people don't.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hourai

Earth isn't the only planet in the universe that is capable of life.  

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kmdrkul

Aliens definitely aren't out of the realm of possibility.  It's a subject that has personally always intrigued me .

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By natetodamax

Yes. And they will be the end of us all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To not believe in aliens is incredibly naive. There are billions and billions of other planets out there.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By beforet

You know, the galaxy has billions of stars. The known universe has billions of galaxies.  The actual, full universe might be several orders of magnitude larger than the known universe. To believe that there is no intelligent life somewhereout there is just silly.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

It's highly likely that something exists in the universe.

Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @Khann said:
    " To not believe in aliens is incredibly naive. There are billions and billions of other planets out there. "
    LOL, duder i love you.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a06726367912
    deactivated-5a06726367912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an alien working for me, he's called Rodriguez and he is my cleaner. Ohh wrong kind of alien, I'm sorry.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By yani
    @Beforet said:
    " You know, the galaxy has billions of stars. The known universe has billions of galaxies.  The actual, full universe might be several magnitudes larger than the known universe. To believe that there is no intelligent life somewhereout there is just silly. "
     To aid your argument, an idea of the scale of the universe. Each point of light in the video on that link is a galaxy...
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Hanar are real; I've seen them.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By mikemcn
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    "Hanar are real; I've seen them. "

This  

and if we are alone in the universe then life kinda sucks, I NEED to believe in someone else being out there.
    Kinsella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kinsella

I eagerly await our new alien overlords.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Bones8677

It really depends on what you define as an alien. 

Single celled organisms? Sure, those have to exist. 
    Simple organisms? Probably.
    Organisms that are sentient beings like Humans? Less less likely. But hey, it's a big universe, who knows? 

I'm a Christian, just so you guys can have a frame of reference from me.

PushThePig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PushThePig
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    If we are to go by your argument than humans are not living things. Everything that we think about, react to, carry out is triggered by chemical reactions in our body ... so yeah. 
    And I do believe in aliens.
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By DanielJW
    @Hailinel said:
    " It'd be kind of ridiculous if Earth were the only planet in the entire universe with life on it. "
    This. 
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ryanwho

Depends on the kind. If we survive long enough to populate other planets those planets would over time posses creatures that only exist on that planet. Are they aliens? The question of do I think life evolved out of nothing on many separate occasions across the universe, well that seems about as silly anything I've heard from a bum on the street but sure Im game. But if the universe is finite there's always the possibility that we're the first and only life out that. Equally as plausible as there being life out there. The volume of planets prove nothing and don't make it more likely, that's a simpleton's argument. That's like insisting there must, must, be a needle in the haystack because of the size of the hay stack. They don't correlate. 

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @PushThePig said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    If we are to go by your argument than humans are not living things. Everything that we think about, react to, carry out is triggered by chemical reactions in our body ... so yeah. And I do believe in aliens. "
    So what your saying is, humans do not have minds, or hearts, or souls?
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By DoctorWelch

Of course I believe in Aliens. There are thousands in our country illegally already.

PushThePig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PushThePig
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @PushThePig said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    If we are to go by your argument than humans are not living things. Everything that we think about, react to, carry out is triggered by chemical reactions in our body ... so yeah. And I do believe in aliens. "
    So what your saying is, humans do not have minds, or hearts, or souls? "
    No I'm saying humans have minds are hearts, but everything which happens in them are chemical reactions. You sweat because your body is too warm and a series of chemical reactions occurs which causes your body to sweat, which then evaporates, which is an endothermic reaction, which cools you off. This is just one example. You see a girl who is attractive to you, your brain causes a series of chemical reactions to occur and hormones are released. The soul is a different topic. I didn't mean to come across as threatening, sorry if I did.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @PushThePig said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @PushThePig said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    No I'm saying humans have minds are hearts, but everything which happens in them are chemical reactions. You sweat because your body is too warm and a series of chemical reactions occurs which causes your body to sweat, which then evaporates, which is an endothermic reaction, which cools you off. This is just one example. You see a girl who is attractive to you, your brain causes a series of chemical reactions to occur and hormones are released. The soul is a different topic. I didn't mean to come across as threatening, sorry if I did. "
    Right, what's your point?
    PushThePig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PushThePig
    @AlwaysAngry said:

" @PushThePig said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @PushThePig said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    No I'm saying humans have minds are hearts, but everything which happens in them are chemical reactions. You sweat because your body is too warm and a series of chemical reactions occurs which causes your body to sweat, which then evaporates, which is an endothermic reaction, which cools you off. This is just one example. You see a girl who is attractive to you, your brain causes a series of chemical reactions to occur and hormones are released. The soul is a different topic. I didn't mean to come across as threatening, sorry if I did. "
    Right, what's your point? "
    You said plants aren't living because they only react to their environments through chemical reaction. I just told you why humans only react to their environment through chemical reactions as well. By your logic humans aren't living things then. And I'm done now I'm not going to continue arguing this on a video game forum.
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @PushThePig said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @PushThePig said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    I dont have a soul, does that make me dead, or not a living thing?
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @PushThePig said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:

" @PushThePig said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:

" @PushThePig said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    You said plants aren't living because they only react to their environments through chemical reaction. I just told you why humans only react to their environment through chemical reactions as well. By your logic humans aren't living things then. And I'm done now I'm not going to continue arguing this on a video game forum. "
    WOW! You took one damn sentence out of my post! 

"PLANTS ARE NOT LIVING THINGS! THE DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN, A HEART, OR A SOUL! They react to their environments, but it's all just chemical reaction!" 

Wait, what? 

"PLANTS ARE NOT LIVING THINGS! THE DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN, A HEART, OR A SOUL! They react to their environments, but it's all just chemical reaction!" 

I'm still not clear... 

Oh, I see. I WROTE IT RIGHT THERE! THERE WERE MORE REASONS!
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By TheHT
    @PushThePig: Good ser, you've got some patience.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Beforet said:
    " You know, the galaxy has billions of stars. The known universe has billions of galaxies.  The actual, full universe might be several orders of magnitude larger than the known universe. To believe that there is no intelligent life somewhereout there is just silly. "
    To assume that there is can be just as silly, considering the planets we have explored and are known to us, don't have what most people would call intelligent living beings. This is more of a case of, there could be, but it depends on what you consider living.
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mano521
    @Hailinel said:
    " It'd be kind of ridiculous if Earth were the only planet in the entire universe with life on it. "
    basically this 
    PushThePig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PushThePig
    @TheHT: Well it's up now. 

@AlwaysAngry: Like I said I've made my point I'm not arguing this anymore. People can judge for themselves.
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ninjakiller
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @PushThePig said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:

" @PushThePig said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:

" @PushThePig said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    You said plants aren't living because they only react to their environments through chemical reaction. I just told you why humans only react to their environment through chemical reactions as well. By your logic humans aren't living things then. And I'm done now I'm not going to continue arguing this on a video game forum. "
    WOW! You took one damn sentence out of my post! 

Wait, what? 

I'm still not clear... 

Oh, I see. I WROTE IT RIGHT THERE! THERE WERE MORE REASONS!
    "
    Fuck, it's like trying to reason with Bill O'Reilly, you just scream louder.  
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

There is most likely life out there.  UFO's and anal probes are a bunch of bullshit though. 

Avatar image for dimebagdarrellrip
    DimebagDarrellRIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, it's very hard to believe that throughout the entire universe, we are the only intelligent lifeforms that exist.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Aliens? You mean that Jim Cameron movie? It was pretty good.  

Wait, you mean actual aliens! Yeah, of course I do. There are so many planets in each galaxy, and so many galaxies in the universe that statistically there has to be some sort of alien life on some planet.  

Also, there was that meteor-thingy that was supposed to have fossilized Martian bacteria on it. I'm not sure if they ever proved if that was legit or not.  

Actually, I should point out that I'm a major conspiracy theorist, and am still hoping that one day the government will reveal the truth about Roswell, Area 51, etc. 

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By RobertOrri

I don't have a shrine dedicated to any xenobiological entity in my home.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.