No recent wiki edits to this page.
An elite strike team — with a thermo-nuclear weapon. Stranded. On a hostile and near desolate planet. Left for dead. What else could possibly go wrong?
The Terrans have been at war with the Gammulan race for years. Deployed in a distant territory on the other side of the galaxy the Terran Galactic Command (GALCOM) has suffered repeated defeats and unprecedented losses. In an attempt to change the tide of war and take the battle to the enemy GALCOM has launched an all out attack on the Gammulan homeworlds.
After an intense battle, a badly damaged GALCOM ship carrying a devastating 'planet killer' weapon crash landed on a hostile Gammulan planet. The crash survivors, a group of combat veterans, must fight off the enemy while trying to locate and disarm the catastrophic weapon - code named R.A.N.D.O.M. (Random Access Nuclear Destruction of Obsolete Matter) - or get off the planet before it detonates.
The game is a sensitive topic on the Steam forums where Derek Smart frequently visits and also moderates. Many forum users express their distaste for the game publicly, citing such issues as "ridiculously high price tag", "terrible physics", or "sub-par graphics". Usually Derek deletes such topics or locks them if the discussion might result in lower sales of his game.
Derek has a number of defensive responses he uses for users attempting to bash the game. Some, but not all, include:
- That users "don't know enough about the economics of releasing a game"
- users "are just trying to intentionally 'break' the game, forcing crashes, just to complain about the game"
- That if users "don't like the game, they should feel free to leave and produce their own game and sell it for less"
- that "Anti-aliasing and Shadows don't cause a performance hit whatsoever in his game"
PC System Requirements
- Windows XP SP3 or Vista SP1
- Pentium IV 3.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.0 ghz CPU; 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista); 256 MB graphics card with Shader Model 3.0
- DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card