Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alone in the Dark

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 24, 2008

A reboot of the Alone in the Dark series, once again following Edward Carnby in his fight against the vile creatures of the darkness.

This game is...........

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By justinnotjason

I picked this game up for 5 bucks at Best Buy using a best buy gift certificate, so I basically got it for free. I've played about 30 minutes of it and can honestly say that I think I was over charged for it. 

I played the demo on the X360 and thought the controls were weird but ok. Man I got this on PC and the controls are ABYSMAL. The controls suck. I can't even get the weapon to swing 90% of the time. 

I'm going to try to get my hands on a wired 360 controller and give this game a shot. I knew I was buying a game that wasn't great but this is leagues below what I thought it was.

Am I only the only one who finds the KB+M version unplayable?
    I don't mean "o yeah this game sucks and unplayable" I mean like legitimately you can't play this game with a keyboard.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ineedaname
    @JustinNotJason said:
    " I picked this game up for 5 bucks at Best Buy using a best buy gift certificate, so I basically got it for free. I've played about 30 minutes of it and can honestly say that I think I was over charged for it." 
     That line alone is incredible, ah made me laugh.

Is it that bad? 
    I'd say get a patch but the PC versions of multiplatform games often don't have very good support.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

I played the PS3 version recently and felt like it could have been groundbreaking. It's so innovative in so many ways, it's just that none of it really comes together because it has a SERIOUS lack of polish. Which is a big shame.

Almost too ambitious for it's own good.

Dunno what to suggest about PC controls though. Can't you get an XBOX controller for it?

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

Its a pretty horrendous game. But what I played of it before giving up managed to keep me mildly entertained.

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By justinnotjason
    @get2sammyb said:
    " I played the PS3 version recently and felt like it could have been groundbreaking. It's so innovative in so many ways, it's just that none of it really comes together because it has a SERIOUS lack of polish. Which is a big shame.  Almost too ambitious for it's own good.  Dunno what to suggest about PC controls though. Can't you get an XBOX controller for it? "
    Yeah there's parts that feel awesome so far, but it's strange. I'm gunna try to get my hands on a controller. I don't really want to shell out 40 bucks for an xbox 360 PC controller. So I'll either find a way to get my current x360 controller to work or see if I can get my hands on a wired one. 

@Ineedaname: 
    I don't know the game on it's own, at times, can be pretty broken. But what sends it over the top is the horrendous control scheme for the PC. And for some reason there's a slight lag on the control, so if i'm hitting forward and have to make a quick turn as to not walk off a ledge, the character will walk of the ledge cause of the lag. It's strange. I'm hoping a game pad will fix the problem.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Ineedaname
    @JustinNotJason: Sounds like an input problem rather than a controller one, unless it's specifically set up for a controller, games that do that annoy me, the PC version of lost planet for example, all the control screen images were of a 360 controller. 
    I had a quick look on Atari's site for a patch for you, but to no avail, there might be a fan made one, might take some digging though, this doesn't seem like the type of game to spark that sort of interest though. Might be worth a look.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooper

It's one of the worst games I've ever played. I hate AITD.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @JustinNotJason: If you got a wireless 360 controller, I think you're gonna need this
    That's pretty expensive though, look for a better price.
    Exlutonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Exlutonian

This game was such a let down after all the tech demos and everything.

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By justinnotjason
    @Ineedaname: 
    I think it was designed for a controller. And I know what you mean about Lost Planet, I got that game on PC and the control schemed sucked. The game itself was ok, pretty lack luster, but the controls just ruined it. Definitely better with a controller unfortunately.

@OwnlyUzinWonHan: Yeah but for like 20 bucks less I could get a wired controller and have an extra 360 controller. Atleast I heard the wired controllers work. I'm not about to go out right away and get a controller for this game though. Bah damn these "good" deals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.