Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

Alpha Protocol Endurance Run.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By MooseyMcMan

But not a GiantBomb one. See, a friend and I played through all of Deadly Premonition together, and we had a lot of fun with that, so we decided to do it with another game. And we decided to find another game with bad gameplay, but a good story. So we settled on Alpha Protocol, mainly because the PC version was $20 online.  

So...Anyone got any tips? 

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was going to come in here and yell at you. 

Instead, I will follow you, but yell at you for choosing a bad game.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany
    @InfamousBIG said:

" I was going to come in here and yell at you.  Instead, I will follow you, but yell at you for choosing a bad game. "

I will now follow you but not him. 

EDIT: I will follow him because of Uncle is a badass
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Interfect

After that do a Demon's Souls endurance run.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Interfect:
    @Dany:
    @InfamousBIG:

Yeah, I gotta admit, I worded this specifically to try and draw in people. And it worked. :D
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Interfect
    @MooseyMcMan: You'r a bad person. But I really wanna try Alpha Protocol. So I'm not gonna un follow you.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

ehh

TheMartino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheMartino

I came here to yell at you for suggesting an endurance run. Instead I commend you. I really enjoyed Alpha Protocol. I hope you two do too.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By gla55jAw

Put all your skills into stealth and assault rifles and you will be invincible.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @gla55jAw: Actual tips? Thanks! 
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By gla55jAw
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @gla55jAw: Actual tips? Thanks!  "
    Haha yeah. I noticed there wasn't any.

I really enjoyed Alpha Protocol. The game is a little broken when you play like this. Especially since I don't know anyone who can go invisible, but I played like that and I loved it. The story is awesome.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " But not a GiantBomb one. See, a friend and I played through all of Deadly Premonition together, and we had a lot of fun with that, so we decided to do it with another game. And we decided to find another game with bad gameplay, but a good story. So we settled on Alpha Protocol, mainly because the PC version was $20 online.   So...Anyone got any tips?  "
    The gameplay isn't bad. It's rpg-centric.  

The main problem with the game is the amount of slowdowns and graphical problems. 
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hourai
    @gla55jAw said:
    " Put all your skills into stealth and assault rifles and you will be invincible. "
    This is good advice, though I found the chain shot thing for the pistols to be worth upgrading for, too. Max rank for that gives you like 6 shots that you can aim at the head of somebody and get an instant kill, or if it's a boss, it will lower a significant chunk of their health. Other than that, the highest rank of that invisibility skill pretty much breaks the game because you can run around invisible for like 24 seconds and just stab guys in the face without getting caught.   

It's entirely up to you how you want to play the game, but I found going to Moscow first to be a huge pain in the ass since there are two fairly difficult bosses, especially when you're a low level and don't have very good gear. The last boss in Moscow I basically had to glitch to get through because it was so difficult. If you decide to go to Moscow first and have trouble with that dude, then use your invisibility skill the first time he charges you. It will glitch it so that he doesn't call up more enemies and he'll just shoot at you from the other side of the room instead of charging you every couple minutes. Made it much easier for me. 

Also, you're gonna want to put some points into sabotage and get those first two ranks. All the minigames get impossible later on (at least without a mouse), and it will save you a lot of frustration unless you're a pro at the hacking minigames. You should also refrain from killing dudes when you're given the option, unless you're playing a badass renegade type character a la Mass Effect 2. They become your allies and help you in certain missions, which is pretty useful. You can totally play through the game just fine if you decide to kill them, though.  

That's about it. There's a whole lot of jank on the gameplay side of things, but the story, characters, and choices really make the game. Have fun, and beware a few moments of frustration. 
    juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By juice8367

Max Pistols.  Six bullet-time headshots makes every boss encounter less annoying

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.