Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

Alpha Protocol Eurogamer review - 7/10

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By spaceturtle
    @Rhaknar said:

"  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/alpha-protocol-review  Finally a review of the game, since it's out today in Europe (and has been out since yesterday in Australia). Still looks interesting to me, even if it's not the best looking game in the world. "

Yeah, well it's just that. I really have no issues playing a not-so-good-lookin'-game. But Alpha Protocol just looks so... last gen in a way. Animations, graphics and just the general presentation of the game just seems so dull. I can't really say to much about it since I haven't played it. But judging from the trailers and what I've seen of gameplay, yeah, it doesn't look very interesting. But, if the RPG elements are well integrated with the stealthy action, combined with solid gameplay, then Alpha Protocol might be worth to pick up
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

Review seems to draw alot of comparisons to Mass Effect and that is not a bad thing at all.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Good review. Doesn't deter my interest in the game at all. If I could look past all of Deadly Premonition's flaws to enjoy the hell out of that, I sure won't have a problem doing that with this one.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Cwaff

I've been looking forward to this for a while and still am in fact. Might pick it up when it's a little cheaper though.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " @Rhaknar said:

"  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/alpha-protocol-review  Finally a review of the game, since it's out today in Europe (and has been out since yesterday in Australia). Still looks interesting to me, even if it's not the best looking game in the world. "

Yeah, well it's just that. I really have no issues playing a not-so-good-lookin'-game. But Alpha Protocol just looks so... last gen in a way. Animations, graphics and just the general presentation of the game just seems so dull. I can't really say to much about it since I haven't played it. But judging from the trailers and what I've seen of gameplay, yeah, it doesn't look very interesting. But, if the RPG elements are well integrated with the stealthy action, combined with solid gameplay, then Alpha Protocol might be worth to pick up "
    my feelings exactly... let's just say i'll wait until a heafty price drop (which in the UK, will probably happen really fast because I dont see this game selling very well)
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Supermarius

hard to say after 1 review, it could be a non-representational first review like the IGN Blur review.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spaceturtle
    @Rhaknar said:

" @SPACETURTLE said:

" @Rhaknar said:

Yeah, well it's just that. I really have no issues playing a not-so-good-lookin'-game. But Alpha Protocol just looks so... last gen in a way. Animations, graphics and just the general presentation of the game just seems so dull. I can't really say to much about it since I haven't played it. But judging from the trailers and what I've seen of gameplay, yeah, it doesn't look very interesting. But, if the RPG elements are well integrated with the stealthy action, combined with solid gameplay, then Alpha Protocol might be worth to pick up "
    my feelings exactly... let's just say i'll wait until a heafty price drop (which in the UK, will probably happen really fast because I dont see this game selling very well) "
    Yeah, you're probably right -- the price drop will likely hit home relatively fast. I too don't see this game doing very well.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By Soap

7/10 is far to generous, this game is a 5, tops.

It starts awfully, gets better in the middle and then just dies at the end in a flop of unfinished mess. 

I'm really dissapointed with it, Obsidian could of made this so much better.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Animasta
    @Delta_Ass said:

" Cough

http://www.destructoid.com/review-alpha-protocol-174617.phtml "

you mean jim sterling

as in the guy that gave deadly premonition a 10/10? he's just a troll dude

here's a list of reviews so far

Eurogamer - 7/10
    Gamestar - 83/100
    Eurogamer Germany - 8/10
    Joystiq - No score but slammed its integration of systems and was bored by story
    Playstation Magazine - 89/100
    Videogamer - 6/10
    Destructoid - 2/10
    CVG - 8.4/10
    Gamepro (de) - 87/100
    NowGamer - 8.1/10
    Official XBox Mag (UK) - 7/10 
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By DrPockets000

Probably just going to rent it

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Laketown said:
    " @Delta_Ass said:

" Cough

http://www.destructoid.com/review-alpha-protocol-174617.phtml "

you mean jim sterling  as in the guy that gave deadly premonition a 10/10? he's just a troll dude "
    joystiq also rips the game apart for what it's worth, and I have a feeling the "big" sites like gamespot and IGN will to

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.