Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

Alpha Protocol Thought on the game

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By phantomzxro

I’ve been following Alpha Protocol for some time and the idea of the game sounds awesome, like a spy version of Mass Effect dip in a bit of fallout 3. But I have watched game play and trailers of the game and it still looks a bit janky and I’m worried if they will pan all that out by the time the game comes out. So my question is anyone else excited for this game and what are you thought on the game and how it will fair.    

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

I've also been waiting for something like this, as I said in a video comment, I'm hoping it has a Hitman mission style, similar to that CGI trailer they put out a while ago. I.e. more than one way to go about a mission.

I'm not fussed if the game looks bad or is janky, as long as the things that matter work such as the shooting, stealth and CQC, if any of those are janky it'd be hard to go about playing the game without constantly being reminded of it and thus a game breaker. So far only I've only really seen the shooting and that looks questionable to say the least, but seeing as it's an RPG, their points distribution could be affecting the dudes ability to shoot.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By kalmis

I really like the RPG factor and the freedom the game seems to have. Doesn't look most spectacular graphics wise but that doesn't bother me. It's a Obsidian game, so it cant be bad eh?

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#4  Edited By Jazz
    @kalmis said:
    " I really like the RPG factor and the freedom the game seems to have. Doesn't look most spectacular graphics wise but that doesn't bother me. It's a Obsidian game, so it cant be bad eh? "
    Thats my philosophy on it as well...
    phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phantomzxro
    @Ineedaname:
    True i agree with you on that but the janky part i was talking was mainly the shooting a combat. Not to corss promote another site 1up had a game night of the game and were playing it and given it was a really early build it was a bit all over the place when it comes to the combat. Still i have hope that it was just a early build and the game will shape up by time it comes out but it is looking quite awesome.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

I forgot when exactly I preordered the game on steam,
    must have been a year ago now :(

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By trophyhunter

I want to buy it now

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Geno

I'm excited but I remain skeptical to its quality. It looks like one of those games that could easily be terrible due to a small design flaw. 

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By trophyhunter
    • character customizing 
    • dialog trees 
    • leveling up your hacking skills, shooting skills etc etc 
    • 3rd person cover based shooting or sneaking 
    • several endings
    • several outcomes for stages
    A game that has these things can't be bad in my eyes even if it looked like a ps1 game
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'm hoping it turns out well, it looks like it could be really great, Mass Effect style game.
    However, it's being released at a horrible time, competing with so much else.  Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption alone means I've had to push it down my 'to do' list.

And then there's still Prince of Persia, Modnation, 3D Dot Game Hero..

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By phantomzxro
    @WinterSnowblind:
    So very true i will pass on alan wake maybe pick it up later the same for prince of persia even tho im a fan of the games just seems a bit  underwhelming and short from what i hear. But everything else you named i have locked down.     
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder
    @phantomzxro said:
    "I’ve been following Alpha Protocol for some time and the idea of the game sounds awesome, like a spy version of Mass Effect dip in a bit of fallout 3. But I have watched game play and trailers of the game and it still looks a bit janky and I’m worried if they will pan all that out by the time the game comes out. "
    Pretty much this, but unfortunately I don't think I want to bother with a game that I will likely be a huge disappointment. From what I can tell from the 20 or so videos they've released, it just seems sloppy in pretty much every regard. I also get worried when I hear the developers talk about the game, in every one of the dev diaries/interviews/whatever they sound so unsure of themselves and a lot of the time they really don't seem to know what they're actually talking about. One thing I remember them saying is:

"uh...there are a lot of choices you can make...for instance, killing innocents...or...uh... ... not...killing innocents" =/
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @BeachThunder said:
    " @phantomzxro said:
    "I’ve been following Alpha Protocol for some time and the idea of the game sounds awesome, like a spy version of Mass Effect dip in a bit of fallout 3. But I have watched game play and trailers of the game and it still looks a bit janky and I’m worried if they will pan all that out by the time the game comes out. "
    Pretty much this, but unfortunately I don't think I want to bother with a game that I will likely be a huge disappointment. From what I can tell from the 20 or so videos they've released, it just seems sloppy in pretty much every regard. I also get worried when I hear the developers talk about the game, in every one of the dev diaries/interviews/whatever they sound so unsure of themselves and a lot of the time they really don't seem to know what they're actually talking about. One thing I remember them saying is:

"uh...there are a lot of choices you can make...for instance, killing innocents...or...uh... ... not...killing innocents" =/ "
    Everybody does that. All it means is that the video wasn't properly edited or redone. Somebody should slap the video editor as it's their job to not make the people on a video interview look like idiots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.