Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

Interested in review

Bloopa79Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Bloopa79Aus

As the title sort of says , I am quite interested in what review Jeff gives this game , I watched a video over at 1up where they talked about the same poor mechanics Jeff spoke about in the quick look but said that the story held it together enough and gave it a B+ which I would consider a decent score . I plan on getting the game on steam once I have finished Red dead and played some more of Modnation Racers . But I would like to see what his take on the game is .  I guess this would get a 3*. I don't think he can score a game 2* because It does seem like a compitent game . Just with a few issues.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

I don't love the game. It's quite laughable in many ways. Enfuriating in others. Overall - it's an outdated and unpolished turd of a game. 

Despite all of its issues, I did enjoy myself. Even more interestingly. I'm currently playing it again. I'm enjoying my second playthrough more than my first one. 

It's a horrible game, in a good way. Also - the developer' intentions were pure and it shows. They didn't want to deliver an outdated and unpolished turd.

hamburgAir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By myslead

I am currently playing this game and while the shooting mechanics are a tough shell to crack, once you're accustomed and learned the ropes to it, they are not that bad, you just have to understand how to make it work for you as it's just not point and shoot. 

the RPG/Dialogue, on the other hand, is excellent. Engaging storylines and voice acting. 

so it really depends what you are looking for in the game.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By yinstarrunner

I can definitely see Jeff giving it 2 stars.

LeBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By LeBart

I'm saying 3 stars. 2 seems a little harsh for a game that still has a lot of merits.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Animasta

I dunno, Jeff seemed really into it and he seemed dissappointed that he didn't get to show any dialogue stuff. I'd say a high 3 stars.

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By myslead

3 stars it is

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.