Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

Marvin Dorfler responds to Alpha Protocol's disappearance.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rayfield

I have made previous gripes about Sega's idiotic treatment of Obisidian Entertainment's Alpha Protocol -  http://www.giantbomb.com/alpha-protocol/61-20984/sega-officially-loses-their-minds/35-383163/#31    but it hasn't make me feel any better. 

Regardless of Sega reps overuse of exclamation marks (http://twitter.com/Killermarmot ) or Sega marketing creating stupid fake twitter accounts (http://twitter.com/MikeThorton) it still doesn't make an actual proper release date any clearer. 

I couldn't give a shit about flashes of new footage on Gametrailers TV. It's only the first whiff of the game actually existing since they delayed it in October 2009. I'm I supposed to lap that up and ask for more? Hell no, Sega.  

As a result, I'm stuck in this limbo. An eternal purgatory of not knowing a goddamn thing about a potentially incredible game and I have zero control on how to escape. So in the words of fictional asshole Marvin Dorfler... 

"Are you gonna stand there with your thumb up your ass or are you gonna get me the fuck outta here?"
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By jeff

Pretty sure the only reason that new footage made it to GTTV is because I mentioned it in my appearance on the show. It's like you and me are the only ones left! And I haven't even seen the game since E3!

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rayfield
    @Jeff said:
    "And I haven't even seen the game since E3! "

Nothing? Good Lord, what are they doing? Matt Rorie and co. must be over the moon at the potential Tony Hawk Ride situation this game is now in.
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By L33tfella_H

I've been looking forward to this game!

What are they doing over at Sega?

Granted, i'm glad they're giving Obsidian time enough to finish off that game (hopefully), but it's this kinda stuff that ends up making Vaporware lists.

toolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By toolus

Yea fuck Sega. God I want this game so bad I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I am interested in seeing Alpha Protocol, but only in the context of how it fares in a post Mass Effect 2 world. The game itself could be of any varying quality, being that Obsidian doesn't have the most solid track record. 

Regardless, because of the delay it is a victim of a similar game coming out around the same time and blowing away everyone's expectations, therefore raising the stakes and the standards of quality. This is known as Tiberian Sun syndrome, because that game had the misfortune of coming out the same year as Starcraft. EDIT: It doesn't help that the PR for this game has been mishandled to death.

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheMathlete

I am still very interested in seeing what Alpha Protocol has to offer, but my interest has tapered off since getting Mass Effect 2.  Still interested, though.
    Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Pinkshley1

HAHA! Wow, I was looking forward to this game, but I had completely forgotten about it before seeing this post. Hopefully it will still be released.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rayfield
    Inuzagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Inuzagi
    I had honestly forgotten about this game. Just when the heck are we going to get some new information. My interest in this game is almost zero, and yet I want something to help renew my interest in it.
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    "This is known as Tiberian Sun syndrome, because that game had the misfortune of coming out the same year as Starcraft. EDIT: It doesn't help that the PR for this game has been mishandled to death. "
    Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Starcraft come out '98, and Tiberian Sun was '99?
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @L33tfella_H said:
    " @ArbitraryWater said:
    "This is known as Tiberian Sun syndrome, because that game had the misfortune of coming out the same year as Starcraft. EDIT: It doesn't help that the PR for this game has been mishandled to death. "
    Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Starcraft come out '98, and Tiberian Sun was '99? "
    If that is so and I got my dates wrong, then that is even worse. Tiberian Sun was an alright RTS, but to compare it to a genre defining title like Starcraft is dumb.
    francesthemule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By francesthemule

It was kind of weird seeing the new footage after playing through Mass Effect 2. Alpha Protocal seemed alot better when I was making comparisons to the first Mass Effect. Not that I'm not still exited to play it, But my exitement has been somewhat reduced. 
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By trophyhunter

I'm still looking forward to this game because like jeff said It's a actual spy game not a stealth game.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rayfield
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rayfield

Sega reps latest meaningless tweet: 

PR trip for Alpha Protocol is going great, the game is still turning heads!about 6 hours agofrom Twitterrific      

EDDIE CALLED ME IN PITTSBURGH HE TOLD ME YOU WERE FUCKING THIS THING UP
    EDDIE CALLED ME IN PITTSBURGH HE TOLD ME YOU WERE FUCKING THIS THING UP
    MatthewRorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MatthewRorie
    @Rayfield:  Actually, the Mike Thorton twitter is being written by Chris Avellone, the lead creative director for Obsidian. 

Hopefully more info on the game will be coming up soon.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Evilsbane

I swear, Sega is a Dude standing in place with a pistol pointed at his foot, and he just keeps pulling the trigger and he won't stop!

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rayfield
    @MatthewRorie said:
    " @Rayfield:  Actually, the Mike Thorton twitter is being written by Chris Avellone, the lead creative director for Obsidian.   Hopefully more info on the game will be coming up soon. "

Wow. Thanks for the info Matt. If indeed you are the real Matt Rorie.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rayfield

WHO THE FUCK WERE THOSE GUYS?
    WHO THE FUCK WERE THOSE GUYS?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.