Zero Punctuation review

#1 Posted by Jeust (10540 posts) -

Here is Yatzee's cynical review of Alpha Protocol.  

Seems he liked it.  

Although a mixed view of the game as everyone has. 

What are your thoughts on the review? and about the game? do you agree with the review? 
#2 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Pretty funny. I like Yahtzee.
Yahtzee is NOT A REVIEWER. That wasn't a review!!
He stopped being funny after [insert review].
Yahtzee was never funny.
He annoys me, all he does is talk shit.
Yahtzee is a dick.
He's ripped apart my favorite games, and those are my favorite videos.

#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@uniform said:
" Pretty funny. I like Yahtzee. Yahtzee is NOT A REVIEWER. That wasn't a review!! He stopped being funny after [insert review].Yahtzee was never funny. He annoys me, all he does is talk shit. Yahtzee is a dick. He's ripped apart my favorite games, and those are my favorite videos. "
He talks to fast.
#4 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
@uniform said:
" Pretty funny. I like Yahtzee. Yahtzee is NOT A REVIEWER. That wasn't a review!! He stopped being funny after [insert review].Yahtzee was never funny. He annoys me, all he does is talk shit. Yahtzee is a dick. He's ripped apart my favorite games, and those are my favorite videos. "
thread over i guess
#5 Posted by JazzyJeff (399 posts) -
@luce said:
" @uniform said:
thread over i guess "
Yeah, that about covers it.
#6 Posted by Jeust (10540 posts) -
@uniform said:
and do you have an opinion on your own?
#7 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@uniform said:

"  He stopped being funny after [insert review].

Can I claim this post?
#8 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" and do you have an opinion on your own? "
I enjoyed the review. Thank you for posting it.
#9 Posted by Jeust (10540 posts) -
@uniform said:
" @Jeust said:
" and do you have an opinion on your own? "
I enjoyed the review. Thank you for posting it. "
Don't mention it :)
#10 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -
@uniform said:
QFT!
#11 Posted by Jazz (2251 posts) -

As someone who has never played the game, it was a spot on review. 
Exactly what I would have given the game. 7.5. Bang on the money. 
It's like he read my mind.

#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

I love Yahtzee. Even though he shits on games most of the time, he actually brings up pretty good points on odd or broken game mechanics. Whatever his case towards a game, I know I'll get a laugh out of it.

#13 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Jazz said:
" As someone who has never played the game, it was a spot on review.  "
wut
#14 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -

For Yahtzee all that was basically high praise.
He pretty much seems to love AP as do I.
It is an amazing game that most major outlets shit all over expecting an FPS game from an RPG.

#15 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" For Yahtzee all that was basically high praise. He pretty much seems to love AP as do I. It is an amazing game that most major outlets shit all over expecting an FPS game from an RPG. "
After watching that video, you think he loves AP?.... riiiiiight
#16 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

The game was fun but the voice actor for Mike Thorton was AWEFUL. Half the time he sounded so bored with the lines he was reading I stopped caring. The boss fights are awful and the weapon play near the beginning of the game is so bad this supposed super spy may as well have as much experience using a gun as I do (none)

#17 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1456 posts) -

I thought it was a fun romp to subdue my ME3 fix for a little bit.

I felt like a lot of things were very similar to ME1, kinda poor combat and unique dialogue system.  It was a fun RPG spy game and I'm looking forward to a sequel.
FUN

#18 Edited by ProfessorEss (7309 posts) -

Yahtzee is the only reviewer I take seriously because he's made it clear that these are not to be taken too seriously, therefore you can take said lack of seriousness seriously and have a good laugh.

...also, every time someone posts one of these, I end up watching at least ten of them even tho I've already seen them all.

#19 Posted by Jazz (2251 posts) -
@ryanwho:  
I was being facetious.
#20 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -
@Whisperkill said:
" @Tennmuerti said:
" For Yahtzee all that was basically high praise. He pretty much seems to love AP as do I. It is an amazing game that most major outlets shit all over expecting an FPS game from an RPG. "
After watching that video, you think he loves AP?.... riiiiiight "
Watch his other videos.
#21 Posted by Nelander (177 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" @Whisperkill said:
" @Tennmuerti said:
Watch his other videos. "
I don't know if he loved it, but I agree he seemed to at least enjoy the game, only game I think he didn't mention anything negative was Portal. 

My only hopeless fanboy reply is that Halbech in not really an PMC is more like a defense contractor.
#22 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4360 posts) -

I freakin love Yahtzee. No matter how cruel he may seem, I can't think of many examples, if any, when he wasn't making a valid point.

#23 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -
@Nelander said:

" @Tennmuerti said:

" @Whisperkill said:

" @Tennmuerti said:

Watch his other videos. "
I don't know if he loved it, but I agree he seemed to at least enjoy the game, only game I think he didn't mention anything negative was Portal.   My only hopeless fanboy reply is that Halbech in not really an PMC is more like a defense contractor. "
I guess loved might have been a strong word. You're right like/enjoyed would be more appropriate.
#24 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

i think thats the most positive video i've seen that he has done

#25 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Ravenousrattler said:
" i think thats the most positive video i've seen that he has done "
Then you never watched Physonaughts. Or inFamous. 
#26 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:
 I'll have to check those out, i thought i saw the infamous one, but I'll check that one out again. Thanks for the recommendations. 
#27 Posted by Brendan (7734 posts) -

A hilarious review by Yahtzee once again.  Unles he reviews a game that I like THENIHATEHIMHE'SSONOTFUNNY.

#28 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Ravenousrattler said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:  I'll have to check those out, i thought i saw the infamous one, but I'll check that one out again. Thanks for the recommendations.  "
Ive watched them all many times. And I am the one who keeps bens page up to date. 
#29 Posted by Castiel (2561 posts) -

#30 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

God I hate that new fucking Slim Jim ad campaign. 

As for the review, the guy is funny but he knows what he's talking about.  I agree with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.