Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

American McGee's Alice

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 06, 2000

American McGee's Alice is a pseudo-sequel to Lewis Carroll's classic. Alice, scarred by a horrific childhood trauma, must return to a dark, nightmarish version of Wonderland. Alice must restore its former harmony by defeating the Queen of Hearts in order to vanquish her own inner demons.

Does this game work okay in Win7?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Beginning to think I should try it out but I can't find it on any download service. Has anyone played this in Win7 and is it worth me hunting down a used copy?

S2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By S2333

I am hoping Good Old Games would get it in but they haven't yet. It looks interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If it runs its definitely worth hunting down. I'd test my copy out for you, but I left it at my parent's house when I moved out.

Its a great mix of action and platforming with a really great world. Hella fun, but dark as can be.

jimmy5150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By jimmy5150

I had no problems getting it to run on vista a few years back. Vista is MUCH worse than 7 compatibility wise so you should be just fine!

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mrskidders
    @EvilNiGHTS:
    Because I am such a nice guy I dug out my old copy and installed it on Win7.  It runs absolutely fine apart from very rare audio stuttering but that may be because I was using PS in the background.  I am also inspired to play through again now!!
    EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Thanks all, I'll see if I can't track it down. And Chris Vrenna did the soundtrack? Interesting...

Caegn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Caegn
    @EvilNiGHTS said:
    " Thanks all, I'll see if I can't track it down. And Chris Vrenna did the soundtrack? Interesting... "
    Not only did he do the soundtrack, you can extract the entire soundtrack (as well as character voices and sound effects) in mp3 format from the pak files.  (I think they're pak anyway, I haven't busted out the disk in ages.)  And it's easily one of the best soundtracks ever done in gaming.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.