Amnesia: The Dark Descent Commentary

Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -

i recently began playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent with my commentary partner and holy shit, this game is scary. This game is probably the scariest game I've ever played. Anyways, if you're a fan of our commentaries, I've done another commentary series of Amnesia with my commentary partner and I think it's turned out pretty good. I hope you guys like it, and I would love to know what you think.

#1 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -

i recently began playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent with my commentary partner and holy shit, this game is scary. This game is probably the scariest game I've ever played. Anyways, if you're a fan of our commentaries, I've done another commentary series of Amnesia with my commentary partner and I think it's turned out pretty good. I hope you guys like it, and I would love to know what you think.

#2 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I've watched some of your Minecraft videos before. Will definitely have to check out your Amnesia videos later. I played through that during the Valve ARG and damn that game is horrifyingly scary.
Great A/V quality - especially compared to most video game commentaries.

#3 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

I watched the first video a little while back. Good stuff as always. I will never play Amnesia personally. I'm terrible at horror games.

#4 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -
@benjaebe:  Thanks. The video is a little dark but it's basically almost as dark as we see it haha.

@Zimbo: Oh so are we. You should have seen us today. We recorded our second Amnesia session which should be from Episode 8 onward, and I was literally pooing myself the whole time ahaha.
#5 Posted by Pie (7103 posts) -

Can't decide whether or not to watch now or wait until I have a good enough PC to run it but that may be years away

#6 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -
@Pie: To be honest, we're a few hours into the game and we have no clue what's going on still so its really not spoiling much haha. The first two episodes are definitely fine though.
#7 Posted by Pie (7103 posts) -
@JesseG: As soon as I catch up on your Minecraft series I'll give it a whirl.
You two are probably the best let's players I've watched (well, apart from Giant Bomb of course).
#8 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -
@Pie: Wow thanks! That really means a lot. I'm gonna have to share that one with Wrigley :P
#9 Posted by Pie (7103 posts) -
@JesseG said:
" @Pie: Wow thanks! That really means a lot. I'm gonna have to share that one with Wrigley :P "
Just to put you down a bit I haven't watched that many let's plays. Maybe 4 or 5 not including Giant Bomb
#10 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

I'll have a look. I finished Amnesia last month, and i have never been so scared by a game before. Be fun to have a look at how you guys react to a few things in the game:) 

Cheers for the video:)

#11 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -
@Pie: Hahahah it's all good, just happy you like the vids.
@Vortexus1981: Today we played the part where you're in a room with water for the first time, that was bad.. haha
#12 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -

Hey guys. For anyone interested in this series of ours, which I know a couple are: we are up to Episode 5 with 6 coming out within the next couple days so stay tuned. Here's the link to 5:

Amnesia Part 5:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1pez_fR2g0

#13 Posted by cheebaking (123 posts) -

I'm currently going through very very mild withdrawal symptoms which gives me insomnia for a short while. Long story short, your videos have entertained me through another night and thats one night closer to the withdrawals going bye bye. 
So cheers dude! Keep up the good work.

#14 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -
@cheebaking: Glad we could be of service haha. Thanks though, happy to hear you enjoyed them. Check out our new L.A. Noire series, I believe it's our best commentaries yet. (Y)
#15 Posted by LLJK_Jasta (292 posts) -

Awesome, I'll totally check it out!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.