Is Amnesia for me?

#1 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

I LOVE horror stuff. I also happen to LOVE videogames. Who woulda thought? I can't really seem to find any good horror games. A lot of them I've already played or incredibly outdated. I've been looking into Amnesia and getting the general consensus that it's the horror game to play. However, I HATE puzzles. I can't stand getting the stuck feeling. And despite playing videogames my whole life I don't really have the mind for environmental puzzles. Does Amnesia have a lot of puzzles and how difficult are they?

#2 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

The puzzles are incredibly easy to solve. I say this as someone who sucks at puzzles and beat the game. Definitely worth a purchase

#3 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1397 posts) -

You have to be as stupid as a paper clip not to finish any of those puzzles, so don't hesitate to play Amnesia. I sure the developers knew better not to mess the atmosphere with tough puzzles.

#4 Posted by fox01313 (5064 posts) -

Definitely more atmosphere & ghoulish fun than puzzles in this. It's not Shivers or 7th Guest so the puzzles aren't that bad in Amnesia.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

Try it dude.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11728 posts) -

Puzzles aren't difficult, they're also very open-ended and physics-based. If you love horror, I think you're really missing out if you don't play Amnesia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.