Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 08, 2010

A first-person survival horror game with advanced physics-based puzzles from Frictional Games, the creators of the Penumbra series. Its dynamic of light and darkness and focus on avoidance of enemies rather than combat have been highly influential in recent horror games.

Is Amnesia gamepad compatible?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

I googled this and didn't see any relevant results... 

Any of you duders know?  I absolutely suck balls at KB/M controls so gamepad support is kind of a necessity to me.

jimmy5150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By jimmy5150

I hate to sound like the pretentious pc gamer here, but the kb/m controls are actually MUCH better for this game.  It would be hard to swing a door open or slide objects around with analog joysticks.  Also, it shouldn't matter too much if you suck balls at kb/m controls since this isn't really a twitch shooter.  If you can basically move a dude around using WSAD, you should be fine. 

That said, if you have a 360 gamepad there is a program called xpadder that might solve your problems even without official support from the game.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MethodMan008
    @jimmy5150 said:
    " I hate to sound like the pretentious pc gamer here, but the kb/m controls are actually MUCH better for this game.  It would be hard to swing a door open or slide objects around with analog joysticks.  Also, it shouldn't matter too much if you suck balls at kb/m controls since this isn't really a twitch shooter.  If you can basically move a dude around using WSAD, you should be fine.  That said, if you have a 360 gamepad there is a program called xpadder that might solve your problems even without official support from the game. "
    Damn I just have a normal PC game pad.. :( 

But yeah I totally know that KB/M is superior to controllers..  But I can't use them.  :( 

I have all 3 STALKERS, KOTOR, Deus Ex, and a few other PC games and I can't play them for more then ten minutes before getting frustrated with the controls and quit out.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne
    @jimmy5150 said:
    " I hate to sound like the pretentious pc gamer here, but the kb/m controls are actually MUCH better for this game.  It would be hard to swing a door open or slide objects around with analog joysticks."
    If I had the choice between kb/m and gamepad for amnesia, I would absolutely go with gamepad. It's an atmosphere driven game. Gotta have a gamepad. 
    This is not a matter of accuracy - it is the simple matter of holding something in your hand (palms facing) vs. putting your hands on a surface (palms downward), a matter of hitting keys vs. pushing buttons, a matter of having triggers and force feedback. A gamepad puts me into the experience like no kb/m setup has ever managed to do.
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MrOldboy

I actually thought about this wondering if they would release amnesia or a future game on XBLA or something. I'd personally rather play this on my HDTV with surround sound. 

Use RT or LT as the left click. And the other as right click.
    Then just pull back/forward/left/right on the right stick. 
    The rest of the controls are just button inputs, LB/RB to lean, A to run, Y for inventory.  

I use such a high dpi mouse that I barely move the mouse to open doors, kinda bummed me out at first that I wasn't "pulling" the mouse, but was relieved once I saw how many drawers there are to open.

would work fine or even better than the mouse controls. There is no need for a mouse when there is no combat. I've grown to love gamepads as soon as analog sticks were implemented on all the consoles.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I would love to play this game with Pc controls, but after 5 minutes with my hand over the keyboard my hand starts cramping up. I know it may be hard to provide gamepad support for MFP, but I may not be able to play it otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.