Is this worth mustering my courage?

#1 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I´ve been thinking about getting this game for a long time now, but I get really scared with games like this and from what I´ve read this thing is going to give me a heart attack.  
I guess my question is... is the story and overall experience worth it?

#2 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

I've played about 30 minutes of this game, so I know what I'm talking about here... 
I got to the first time where you actually think a monster is close and hid in a closet. I haven't left it yet... 
I think, so far, the experience has been the most scary in any game I've played, except for maybe the Penumbra games or the mall place in Condemned, so I think the overall experience was really enjoyable. 
Can't speak for the story, though... I really have to get back to this game.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11828 posts) -

Yes, definitely. This was my favourite game from last year. Also, the game autosaves when you exit, so if you find yourself getting really scared you can just quit and come back to it when you feel more comfortable. It took me a while to get the courage to play it, but once I really got into the game I couldn't put it down.

#4 Posted by awesomeusername (4173 posts) -
@Rattle618:
Does this answer your question?
   Whatever you want bro.
#5 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

I still love that Milky Way part. Anyways, play this game in the bathroom so you don't shit your pants.

#6 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -

Yes, a thousand times yes.

#7 Posted by awesomeusername (4173 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" I still love that Milky Way part.  
Never gets old.
#8 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Best game of 2010, in my opinion. Take a deep breath and go for it! ^^

#9 Posted by newhaap (421 posts) -
@awesomeusername: Oh my God that was hilarious... It's so funny how the guy freaks out that much at the sight of whatever those things were
#10 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Yeah, but you gotta play under the right conditions (alone, at night, headphones, etc.)

#11 Posted by awesomeusername (4173 posts) -
@newhaap: I almost cried watching that video. It was hilarious when he found milky ways and started screaming! Omg. I must watch it again.
#12 Posted by Cslaw (217 posts) -
@awesomeusername: now i feel obligated to buy and beat this game
#13 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

I've only played an hour, but I found nothing of value. All I got to do was walk around, pick up uninteresting notes, and solve puzzles so easy calling them "puzzles" is an insult to real puzzles.

Which would've been fine if the game was scary. But it wasn't.

#14 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I'm almost done and it's pretty good. The story is fairly interesting, but we will see how it turns out in the end.

#15 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

Thanks guys, I ended up getting it this morning and it´s really good so far, very creepy.

#16 Posted by navyboy (84 posts) -

Hope you enjoy it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.