Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 08, 2010

A first-person survival horror game with advanced physics-based puzzles from Frictional Games, the creators of the Penumbra series. Its dynamic of light and darkness and focus on avoidance of enemies rather than combat have been highly influential in recent horror games.

Played amnesia? Please help

LittleBigJono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By LittleBigJono

I'm up to some bit in a prison where you weaken a lock with acid and  break it which SHOULD open the door. As soon as I used the acid and hammer combo a monster appeared and kicked my ass but only because the DAMN DOOR didn't actually open. I thought I did something wrong so I after a few more tries I went to a walkthrough which told me to do exactly what I did. So wtf? Is the door jamming a bug? Its not like I can revert to an older save can I? I can't even leave the area. Also the glass jar used to hold the acid won't hold acid anymore. This is kinda pissing me off. If anyone knows what to do their help would be very appreciated. To be a bit more specific, I'm in chapter 14 of this guide. 
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/978772-amnesia-the-dark-descent/faqs/60857

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

There is a known acid jar bug, you may have to hack your save file. There is some info on this over at the Frictional games forum. BTW, it's not hard messing around with a save file, as all inventory data is stored in an easy to edit format.
    Also, you can revert to an older save. Go to the main menu and there should be an option to load a file.

LittleBigJono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By LittleBigJono
    @BeachThunder:  AWESOME, many thanks, i'd totally give you points if this was one of those forums

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.