Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 08, 2010

A first-person survival horror game with advanced physics-based puzzles from Frictional Games, the creators of the Penumbra series. Its dynamic of light and darkness and focus on avoidance of enemies rather than combat have been highly influential in recent horror games.

Terrifying!

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iSylence

Maaaaaaan. I thought I might like to play this game, the quick look intrigued me and hearing the guys talk about it in the bombcast made me want to play it... but dude, no.

I was thinking about it before and wondering if I should buy it. Then I started watching the video on Steam. I turned the lights off for a wee bit but I had to turn them back on again, I was freaking out haha. I don't know why I thought I should play this, I've never really been great with scary games.

Anyone else had a similar experience to me with this? I think I'm just gonna have to read up about the story somewhere, because there's no way I'm gonna play it to find out :)

krisgebis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By krisgebis

I have bought it, but haven't gotten around to play it. Might be stupid of me, because I couldn't play through their previous games (The great Penumbra Series).
    Might give it a shoot. No matter how hard I find it to play through them, they have to be played in the dark. That is for sure.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

I would love to play this game but is it Steam only or something. I haven't seen it listed in any of my local stores. I have no interest in getting involved in Steam so if that is the case it sadly rules me out.

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iSylence
    @Krisgebis:  I admire your courage, I am far too much of a wimp to do that :)

I actually think I played a demo of Penumbra a few years back and I wasn't too scared by that, but I do remember playing it in a very bright room and I am probably also remembering myself to be braver than I actually was :)

If the game I played was even Penumbra. I just remember you started in some kind of room and you had to find a key to get out and there were these creepy humanoid things that wandered the halls. Yup, that description is definitely not likely to fit any other games...
    iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iSylence
    @c1337us:  It's a pity you want to avoid Steam, it's a great service. Any particular reasons you don't want to get an account?
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Karkarov
    @c1337us said:

" I would love to play this game but is it Steam only or something. I haven't seen it listed in any of my local stores. I have no interest in getting involved in Steam so if that is the case it sadly rules me out. "

You don't need steam and personally I agree about your opinion.  Steam is just third party crap that forces a middle man between me and the game, I don't care if I can sometimes get a game off them for a dollar or two less.  Go to 
    http://www.amnesiagame.com/#buy it lists all the places you can get it.  It is a digital only product though, there is no box version.
    reflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By reflex
    DrFreeman i seemed to have missed the Bombcast were they talk about  Amnesia any chance you can tell me what episode that was :)
    PirateNeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PirateNeal

I'm playing the demo and cant get though it, it is indeed terrifying. The absolute FIRST game where i have to just turn off my computer and go play viva pinata for an hour just to gain enough courage to play the game again for another 15 minutes. I can handle Condemned, Silent Hill, Dead Space perfectly fine by myself (alone in the dark i might add) but something about how you cant fight back and the sound in this game just makes me want to call a friend and talk about happy times.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Romination

I've been hearing so much talk about it being so frightening that it's making me want to play it more and more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Karkarov said:
    " @c1337us said:

" I would love to play this game but is it Steam only or something. I haven't seen it listed in any of my local stores. I have no interest in getting involved in Steam so if that is the case it sadly rules me out. "

You don't need steam and personally I agree about your opinion.  Steam is just third party crap that forces a middle man between me and the game, I don't care if I can sometimes get a game off them for a dollar or two less.  Go to 
    http://www.amnesiagame.com/#buy it lists all the places you can get it.  It is a digital only product though, there is no box version. "
    If those were the circumstances, then I would agree. 

But you can get shit for $200 less on steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.