Where is my Amped 4?

#1 Posted by matttty (83 posts) -

Whats going on with this did it not sell enough or something?

#2 Posted by Bourgeoisie (16 posts) -

The studio went out of business.

#3 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1656 posts) -

:(

oh well.... maybe someone else can work on #4?!
I'm praying that Shaun White's Snowboarding will be kooky enough and fun enough to be considered my amped 4 XD
#4 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Whatever happened to snowboarding games? You had Amped, SSX and both seemed really popular and now, there's nothing.

#5 Posted by roushimsx (485 posts) -
Bourgeoisie said:
"The studio went out of business."
Chris Jones and Aaron Conners are coming back to the home gaming market, at least. Damn shame that the original company went south the way it did, though. Aaron's work on Amped 3 was awesome.

Speaking of snowboarding games, I just got done playing the hell out of Steep Slope Sliders and Trick'n Snowboarder. I'm about to get knee deep in Snowboard Heaven to complete the Cave snowboarding trilogy (and then polish up the entries), but after that I wasn't really sure what series to tackle next. Obviously, I'm going to need to take a bit of a break, but it's a toss up between SSX (really set a new standard when it rolled out), Amped (gay for Access Software) and Cool Boarders (because of where it fits into the history of the subgenre).
#6 Posted by DazbotAthertron (873 posts) -

SSX Tricky was cool

#7 Posted by N3onThr33 (380 posts) -

This is what Stoked is for, guys!

#8 Edited by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -
N3onThr33 said:
"This is what Stoked is for, guys!"
I thought stoked was more of a snowboarding sim than an arcadey snowboarding game like amped 3 was.
#9 Posted by N3onThr33 (380 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"N3onThr33 said:
"This is what Stoked is for, guys!"
I thought stoked was more of a snowboarding sim than an arcadey snowboarding game like amped 3 was."
I'm not sure. It's an open-world snowboarding game, but that's all I know. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.