Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Amplitude

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 05, 2016

Harmonix is going back to its roots and producing a new Amplitude for PS3 and PS4.

Amplitude delayed to Summer 2015

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

From today's Kickstarter e-mail:

Dearest backers,

As you all know, 2015 is the year we bring Amplitude back to Sony consoles. While our expected delivery date according to our Kickstarter page is “March,” our release plans have changed. We’re currently targeting a summer release.

WAIT, WHAT? WHY?

This is our first time working on PlayStation 4, and it’s been a big learning experience for the team. We’ve put a lot of work into our proprietary engine to support some of the new, awesome content we’re bringing to the reboot. These factors combined have bumped production out a few additional months.

In a traditional scenario, we’re sometimes tasked with shipping a game to meet publisher demands or in some cases, meet a deadline to make sure the game is available to be purchased during the busy holiday season. In these cases, developers have to re-evalute production needs and make difficult calls to meet deadlines, including removing or shrinking features and – in the worst cases – sacrificing quality in other areas.

With Amplitude and our promise of open development, you’ve given us the opportunity to create the game we want to make and, more importantly, make the game that you want. In order to meet that goal, we don’t want to cut any corners, and we want to stay true to our vision and deliver the best Amplitude experience possible.

We had an amazing showing at PlayStation Experience in December, letting fans play the game for the first time, and we got amazing feedback. We know we have a ways to go, and we’re committed to getting there and making this truly feel like a worthy successor to the game you remember from 2003.

SO WHAT’S NEXT?

We’re still making solid progress and look forward to sharing what we’re working on during production, as promised over the coming months. We also have some exciting plans for PAX East in March; backers who backed at the VIP party level – that is totally still on so please check your inboxes.

You can also expect a far more polished multiplayer mode that will be available for hands-on at PAX (those of you who joined us at PlayStation Experience know that even though multiplayer was playable, it needed some serious work). We hope you can join us in March and challenge us to a multiplayer match!

Thanks so much for your continued love and support. We’ve hit the ground running upon returning to the studio after the holiday and look forward to getting Amplitude in your hands as soon as we can.

-Team Amplitude

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I backed the game and while I'm disappointed, I can't say I'm surprised. Kickstarted video games rarely make their original release date.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Yeah alright. Don't people know that the first release date is just a ballpark these days? Usually it means "probably that year", especially from developers who don't have a hard budgetary / fiscal deadline.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

Not a big deal, making the game better isn't a bad thing and I trust Harmonix will release the game. I thought a release of the game in under a year was a rough estimate and if everything went according to plan.

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expected this as well. Still super excited.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Are there any high-profile Kickstarter games that haven't been delayed in some way?

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm fine with it, and likewise not really surprised. Take your time, make it polished.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I backed the game, not at a high pledge tier, but the reason for this delay sounds reasonable to me so i'm ok with it.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nice, guess I can put off the backer survey for another couple of months.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always assume that Kickstarter dates are simply suggestions. So it's whatever

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stepside

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.