Anarchy Reigns Being Released In US/Europe in January for $30

#1 Edited by jewunit (1056 posts) -

According to a recent tweet from Platinum, Anarchy Reigns will be released in January at the much-lower price of $30 or 20 euros. The game did not do well in Japan, so the lower price point might well be Platinum and Sega cutting their losses and going for big sales.

I haven't made a lot of progress in the game, so I hope to be in a good place to play online when the game releases. It really is a fun game and I hope the lower price point brings a lot more people onboard. Let anarchy reign up in here!

#2 Posted by Vonocourt (2126 posts) -

That's a pretty great price point, especially since it was unsure if it was going to be released at all.

#3 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -
#4 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Cool, I'll be buying it day one now.

#5 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -

Wait, so this is some kind of continuation of MadWorld?  Count me the hell in.

#6 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

Good move. I wasn't gonna get this but for half the price I probably will.

#7 Edited by jewunit (1056 posts) -

@1337W422102: A lot of MadWorld characters are involved in the game. Jack, Big Bull, Rin Rin, Mathilda, and the Baron are all in it.

P.S.- The B-b-b-b-baron (and the music in the game) is great!

#8 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Sweet, hopefully it works for them. I'm all for some MadWorlding and another great soundtrack.

#9 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

Cool at that price!. Bayonetta incl.

#10 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

At that price I'd buy it just cause I really enjoyed Madworld for a couple hours there.

#11 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Oh wow. I'm getting it for sure now.

#12 Posted by Cheesebob (1235 posts) -

I imported this game for like £60.

Man do I have egg on my face.

#13 Posted by psylah (2170 posts) -

hope u got 30bux

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -
#15 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I imported the Japanese version and had tons of fun with it. Hell, If it has different Achievement Points than that one, I wouldn't be adversed to buying it again even. Hopefully I can finally get some people to play against online in this region now.

If you have any doubts about the awesomeness of this game, I suggest having a gander at this little review.

#16 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1633 posts) -

welp looks like I'm even further sold on Anarchy Reigns.

#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

Oh wow, for $30 I'll immediately get it straight away.

I hope they didn't ever think this was going to do well over here, though, even before the delay.

#18 Posted by GunstarRed (5118 posts) -

I kinda wish I had waited now. I like the game, but it has some problems. It would be nice to play people online.

#19 Posted by SMTDante89 (2564 posts) -

Was already planning to pick it up when it released, at $30 it's a no-brainer.

#20 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I still have no idea what the hell this game actually is outside of "you punch dudes". A $30 price-point is hard to say no to, though!

#21 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (330 posts) -

I can't wait. I thought it might never come out in the US and the price is great.

#22 Posted by BoOzak (906 posts) -

Didnt MadWorld also do poorly? I remember getting that new for £5 & Bayonetta+Vanquish for £30. Infact havent all of PG's games sold like crap? What the hell... I wasnt the biggest fan of MadWorld (I dont like rap) But I feel like I should buy this just to show my support.

#23 Posted by thaumogenesis (36 posts) -

Could someone explain the modes and general progression of this game? Part of it looks like a co-op beat em up in 3D, which would be amazing, and another part looks like a fighting game with more than 2 people fighting (like SSB on crack and in 3d?) I just really have no idea what to think about this other than it looks cray-cray.

#24 Posted by agentboolen (1762 posts) -

Just to get gamers playing sega products again they should just start selling all there new games at that selling price. I feel like nothing of theres really sells well.... Other then those rushed Sonic games.

#25 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@thaumogenesis said:

Could someone explain the modes and general progression of this game? Part of it looks like a co-op beat em up in 3D, which would be amazing, and another part looks like a fighting game with more than 2 people fighting (like SSB on crack and in 3d?) I just really have no idea what to think about this other than it looks cray-cray.

The single-player campaign goes something like this: You chose one of two characters, and you go around a map looking for points where they have a mission for you, missions give you points. Beating dudes in the map gives you points. Get enough points, and you can unlock another mission. There are history missions(Those make the history progress and are unreplayable), and regular missions(Which are dumb missions that can be replayed). You do this until you change map, then you do this again, and again, until the end of the campaign. There are some missions where you can play as others characters and all that jazz, and it is okay.
The multiplayer is pure chaos, and it's where the fun of the game really is. The maps are dynamic, and some things can alter the regular fighting, like airstrikes, earthquakes, tsunamis and each mode cointains it's own set of rules. You have a perk system, and can choose from any character. It is great and pretty satisfying. There's no local co-op,but there's a Horde Mode up to 3 players. I hope that helped you.
#26 Posted by thaumogenesis (36 posts) -

@MikeGosot: t sure did! That horde mode sounds like an absolute blast. Thanks for the info.

#27 Posted by Roger778 (957 posts) -

That's a pretty good deal.

#28 Posted by GunstarRed (5118 posts) -

@thaumogenesis: You run around one of four hub worlds and punch dudes until a mission pops up, and then you do the mission which involves punching more dudes. (or a seamonster/robot/mutant) and that opens up sub missions that usually require you to punch dudes although there are a bunch of quirky mini games like race around and set fire to people, carry a briefcase to set points on the map or knock balls into bins.

All the sub missions do is unlock the story missions faster, and most of them are just punch a dude/lady from the main roster to unlock them. The story is shown from two different sides and is quite short, but fun. There is a lot of punching dudes in this game.

#29 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@thaumogenesis said:

@MikeGosot: t sure did! That horde mode sounds like an absolute blast. Thanks for the info.

There's a robot called Cthulhu and you can fight Kraken. It is completely insane. To give you a little taste of the many modes, i'll just post a trailer:

#30 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Well, I was planning on getting it anyways. This just seals the deal.

#31 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10904 posts) -

I can't not buy something that weird if it's coming out at a low price like that. Well, I can, but I will most likely be buying this game then.

#32 Posted by Sackmanjones (4687 posts) -

That's like, half the price of a new game.

#33 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@thaumogenesis said:

There's a robot called Cthulhu and you can fight Kraken. It is completely insane. To give you a little taste of the many modes, i'll just post a trailer:

Is that trailer music in the game?

#34 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@BoOzak said:

Didnt MadWorld also do poorly? I remember getting that new for £5 & Bayonetta+Vanquish for £30. Infact havent all of PG's games sold like crap? What the hell... I wasnt the biggest fan of MadWorld (I dont like rap) But I feel like I should buy this just to show my support.

Yeah, they don't do great sales wise from what i here. Which is a shame, Madworld had a cool style (I don't love the gameplay.) Bayonetta and Vanquish are some of the best action games this gen. PG has a lot of talent that more people should support.

#35 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Azteris: Yup. But i don't remember the name of it.
#36 Posted by Solh0und (1765 posts) -
@MikeGosot: The song is called "Here we go" on the game's soundtrack

As for the game itself, I'm buying this day 1 for sure!
#37 Edited by Flappy (2197 posts) -

At that price point, it'd be losing money by not buying it. Take my money, Sega!

#38 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3199 posts) -

Lol when I hear game will be disc based and 30 dollars I automatically associate that with those AOL trial cds.

#39 Posted by Nentisys (888 posts) -

Day one.

#40 Posted by UtamiJogjaf1 (25 posts) -

Count days,2 days waiting.very good price

#41 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@BoOzak: Madworld did pretty poorly, it's all people kept asking for too "When is the Wii going to get adult games and not shitty kids games?" Well when you finally get them nobody buys them, so thats why you never got any.

#42 Posted by BoOzak (906 posts) -

@Hizang: By "You" I assume you mean the mass market because I bought every half-decent non shovelware game on the Wii including MadWorld.

Also I got this game delivered to me about a week ago by Zavvi, it's not terrible but it's not that good either. Beat both characters in 6 hours and no one's playing online. (Maby because it isnt out yet?) Also I recommend playing this game on Hard. For a Platinum game, the default difficulty is way too easy.

#43 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

That's not a very anarchy thing to do.

#44 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@BoOzak I did too, but yes I did mean the mass market, there to busy buying Wii Fit.
#45 Edited by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

My copy came early over the weekend and I've been playing it pretty heavily since. I got it for £15 and I can easily say it was worth every penny. My one hope is that the game gets a cult following and the online community makes up for its lack of size with devotion because the online is crazy awesome and it would be a shame if there was no one to play it with.

#46 Posted by Cheesebob (1235 posts) -

I've been playing the multiplayer against the bots and having a blast. Can't wait to play it online.

GOD I HOPE THIS IS ON TNT

#47 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

I think the low sales in Japan made Sega want to put the price down. That or that fact that it's being release the same week as DmC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.