Anarchy Reigns Delayed, Now Arriving January 2012

Posted by patrickklepek (4540 posts) -

Platinum Games is a busy studio but it's putting the breaks on Anarchy Reigns, an online multiplayer-focused brawler, and moving it from the previously announced fall release date into January 2012.

There were reports this morning of a delay in Japan. While publisher Sega of America has not responded to requests for comment on the status of the game over here, that's not actually necessary. A quick glance at Anarchy Reign's product page on Sega's own website answers the question at hand: January 2012.

I'm still waiting on an official comment from Sega, though, and I'll let you know when that shows up.

Anarchy Reigns also marks the return of Jack Cayman, the chainsaw-wielding brute from MadWorld.

You'll just have to wait a little longer, Jack.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (4540 posts) -

Platinum Games is a busy studio but it's putting the breaks on Anarchy Reigns, an online multiplayer-focused brawler, and moving it from the previously announced fall release date into January 2012.

There were reports this morning of a delay in Japan. While publisher Sega of America has not responded to requests for comment on the status of the game over here, that's not actually necessary. A quick glance at Anarchy Reign's product page on Sega's own website answers the question at hand: January 2012.

I'm still waiting on an official comment from Sega, though, and I'll let you know when that shows up.

Anarchy Reigns also marks the return of Jack Cayman, the chainsaw-wielding brute from MadWorld.

You'll just have to wait a little longer, Jack.

Staff
#2 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (536 posts) -

Lame

#3 Edited by Yummylee (21615 posts) -

Ah well. This year's packed up enough as it is with games. Though to have this in the same month as Mass Effect 3? I know where my priorities will lay..

#4 Posted by Piranesi (452 posts) -

"Online multiplayer-focused brawler" - just can't see it working Sega.

#5 Edited by SockLobster (456 posts) -

Could've been caused by the PSN outage?

I'd think that for a heavily multiplayer game like this they would rely on the service for testing.

@Piranesi: It will almost certainly work, this is Platinum, not Sega.

I really hate people that think publishers are developers.

#6 Posted by MisterMouse (3553 posts) -

It will probably be worth it so that they get some extra time to work on it.

#7 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2382 posts) -

plausible.

#8 Posted by m0rdr3d (474 posts) -

Oh here we go...Another big game pushed into 2012--Wait.  Anarchy what?  ...Nevermind.
#9 Edited by ChrisTaran (1607 posts) -

I have absolutely never heard of this game before.

#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19335 posts) -

To me, it shall always be Max Anarchy. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

#11 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I'm ok with this. If platinum says they need time, they should have it.
#12 Posted by SuperSambo (2864 posts) -
@SockLobster said:
I really hate people that think publishers are developers.
He didn't say that they were developing it.
#13 Posted by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -

Weird, this game always seemed like a first quarter release.

#14 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Q1 2012 is a busy quarter

#15 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

Good.  Anarchy Reigns needs all the Platinum polish it can get.

#16 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1727 posts) -
@SockLobster: Depends if 'work' is in terms of sales or game quality. Platinum games tend to have not much of the former, but enough of the latter to go around.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.