Anarchy Reigns delayed until July.

#1 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/15/anarchy-reigns-reined-in-until-july-2012/ 

Once planned for January 2012, Sega announced that the brawler Anarchy Reigns has been delayed until July 3 in North America, July 6 in Europe, and July 5 in Australia. 

Offering a cryptic explanation for the delay in the announcement, Sega West Senior Vice President of Marketing Gary Knight suggested significant new content: "I can't reveal much now," he said, "but it's something to do with scale. Let's just say traditional one on one or two versus two fighters will be a thing of the past ..."

I had forgotten the game was coming out next month... guess I don't have to worry about that now.
#2 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Fuck. 
But, they're actually putting more content in this, so i'm happy.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19353 posts) -

No matter when it releases, the game's bound to bomb. And "traditional one one one fighters will be a thing of the past"? Yeah, right.

#4 Posted by Sarumarine (2251 posts) -

I don't know what to think of Anarchy Reigns as a game yet. Some of those characters look pretty crazy and I hope things work out...

But really, I just want the game's soundtrack. Judging from all that trailer music, it sounds like it could be good.

#5 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

An online focused sequel to Mad World? 

I..I think I'll do fine without it. 

#6 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Well, yeah. That was obvious from the day it was announced. (To everyone but Sega, at least. For some reason they actually expect the game's sales to end up somewhere between Vanquish and Bayonetta's, which means it'd have to break a million.)
#7 Posted by MrXD (240 posts) -

Well that sucks :(

but at least they're adding more to this game :)

#8 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Icemael said:
@FluxWaveZ: Well, yeah. That was obvious from the day it was announced. (To everyone but Sega, at least. For some reason they actually expect the game's sales to end up somewhere between Vanquish and Bayonetta's, which means it'd have to break a million.)
But at least it will be a good game. Right? RIGHT!?
#9 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
@MikeGosot said:
@Icemael said:
But at least it will be a good game. Right? RIGHT!?
#10 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Does this game have a single player mode and if yes, what is it? Is it just like the arcade mode from a fighting game, or something more substantial?

#11 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
Does this game have a single player mode and if yes, what is it? Is it just like the arcade mode from a fighting game, or something more substantial?
I think the two single player modes are "Beat-'em up" arenas where you fight a main character like he was a boss or something.
#12 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Icemael:

#13 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
@buzz_killington: There is a single player mode. They haven't talked much about it (and as far as I know they have yet to actually show anything from it), but my impression is that it's a full-fledged story-driven campaign.
#14 Posted by Sarumarine (2251 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.