Anarchy Reigns E3 trailer + demo footage.

#1 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

Looks all right.
#2 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

I have great confidence in Platinum's capacity to deliver outstanding and innovative gameplay experiences. In style.

#3 Edited by Icemael (6364 posts) -

Hands-on mpressions from a dude, posted at the PlatinumGames official forum

SonicTHP said:

I got a chance to play one short game of AR today with 3 other people. I was Nikolai and had to figure out everything really fast because by the time I got the controller the match was starting. I was fighting against Matilda, Zero, and Leo. I thought Nikolai was pretty cool but I want to try out the other characters too. The controls aren't hard to get a hang of. The combat is relatively straightforward from what I played but definitely fun. The combat feels most similar to MadWorld I think. and the pacing is similar but AR has a better lock-on function. You have to get used to people being invincible when they do grabs and other stuff (so you can't be interrupted from certain moves). I didn't even get a chance to pick up any objects or anything, but someone playing Zero did throw an explosive barrel at me and I was able to block it. 

There is a normal attack, heavy attack, and grab attack. Each attack button does a little combo of varying speeds but I wasn't sure if there was a way to do more than one combo yet (like I said, I was figuring it all out on the fly). Nikolai's grab is a power bomb (I think, that's the move) where he electrocutes the enemy before slamming them into the ground. Your Deadly Weapon (DW) button is like a modifier that allows you to do different attacks or combos by holding the DW button and hitting attack. With Nikolai, the normal quick attack was a more powerful electric combo and when I held the heavy button I could release and do a sort of electric psycho crusher. I didn't see that you could do a grab with the DW button held though. You also have a block button on R1/R2 (which you use in conjunction with jump to roll/dodge). All in all, I ended up in fourth place with a score of 2 kills and 2 deaths, so at least I broke even on my first play. I only saw that there was an enraged attack thing when I finished my match and the other players told me that it was a bit too early for me to be there. 

I'll post more impressions from the game in the next day or two.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.